Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 67 Lloyd 64

Featured Replies

Not official stats but from what I had counted (and I missed some action here and there) Hamilton 19 points, Blake Donovan 11 points and at least 10 assists, Davontay Williams 9 points, Elijah Jewett 8 points

 

Juggs had some great assist tonight, I was impressed. This can be a dangerous team if you underestimate them.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange not seeing a Pangallo in that scoring summary.

 

I honestly thought I was going to see a Pangallo/Hall punch tonight and didn't see it. Figured I would be seeing the next Pangallo to take the reins at NCC. Not putting pressure/high expectations on the kid, he is still developing and does a really nice job. Imagine what he will be like in 2 years when he is a Sr.

I honestly thought I was going to see a Pangallo/Hall punch tonight and didn't see it. Figured I would be seeing the next Pangallo to take the reins at NCC. Not putting pressure/high expectations on the kid, he is still developing and does a really nice job. Imagine what he will be like in 2 years when he is a Sr.

 

So he played just didn't score?

So he played just didn't score?

 

Yes he played.

  • Author

Congrats to the Breds on the win.

Nice game by the Juggs, as well.

Lloyd returns a lot from last season. This was a close game because Lloyd is better than people realize. Don't be surprised if they get to the region tourney this year.

 

Hamilton is really good down low and the Donovan/Williams duo combined with Townsend gives Lloyd steady guard play, despite being small.

Lloyd returns a lot from last season. This was a close game because Lloyd is better than people realize. Don't be surprised if they get to the region tourney this year.

 

They are similar to Newport, but play a more disciplined game.

They are similar to Newport, but play a more disciplined game.

 

Not nearly as big or athletic as Newport but I can see your reasoning for the comparison.

Yes.......Has a great shot from anywhere on the floor.

 

Yeah he is in the 6-6 range. Shoots either hand for 5 feet in. Had a great summer with the Shining Stars. Dawn just not giving him a chance?

This team will go as far as Weyer. He would get the ball everytime down the court if I was coaching.

This team will go as far as Weyer. He would get the ball everytime down the court if I was coaching.

 

Agree

Haven't seen Lloyd play this season yet , but their success probably has something to due with PG Blake Donovan . He is the best assist man in NKY. He makes some unbelievable passes. His no look passes is second to none.

This team will go as far as Weyer. He would get the ball everytime down the court if I was coaching.

 

Take the best player off any team any you can say the same thing. (most of the time)

This team will go as far as Weyer. He would get the ball everytime down the court if I was coaching.

 

Weyer is by far the top player on the team, no one is debating that, but if this is the case, they are sure to be an early exit in the Region again this year. When you have teams that have 4 or 5 strong and a big bench, you will just wear down a player like this.

 

I think this is one reason NCC was strong last year because you had Pangallo, McDonald, Weyer, Moeves and a couple others. But you saw at Region that without a bench you won't make it as far. JMO

Weyer is by far the top player on the team, no one is debating that, but if this is the case, they are sure to be an early exit in the Region again this year. When you have teams that have 4 or 5 strong and a big bench, you will just wear down a player like this.

 

I think this is one reason NCC was strong last year because you had Pangallo, McDonald, Weyer, Moeves and a couple others. But you saw at Region that without a bench you won't make it as far. JMO

 

I agree with you but I never said not play a bench you should play a bench. What I'm saying is there is nothing wrong running your offense around Weyer he is a smart enough player if he gets double or triple team he will find the open player. The past 3 years NewCath was very talented but sometimes you have to let the best players take over the game. But you are right you have to play more guys but you also have to adjust to the game if a kid is dominating a game give him the ball until they can stop it. JMO

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.