Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Women's Hoops

Featured Replies

I hope it's nothing serious for the program. They're finally a solid winner every year and seem to have a great guy and great coach leading them.

Not sure about the time-frame, but 4 players leaving is accurate.

 

I love Mitchell, but that has to be a problem.

Four players leaving in such a short time is definitely an issue. One player was dismissed after transferring to Kentucky after being kicked off the team Oregon due to disciplinary issues. Morgan Rich from Allen County-Scottsville decided to transfer before the season started. Apparently she was coming off an ACL tear and was never cleared to practice. I don't know if she would've seen the floor at UK. The other two, are more concerning. Linnae Harper, who was a star primed for another big season, decided to transfer just before the season started. She even went through Big Blue Madness. She never cited any reasons for transferring, although speculation is she didn't want to play second fiddle to Epps. There were reports that she visited Tennessee recently, which would be a big slap in the face to Kentucky if she transferred there. Then just days ago, Kyvin Goodin-Rogers decided to transfer. Speculation is her reason was playing time. She wasn't getting a ton of minutes but she was contributing in each game.

 

Each situation seems to be different, and it doesn't seem as bad when you look at them individually. However, it is never a good thing to lose 4 players in 2 months. So far, this team has looked like one of the better teams Matthew Mitchell has had. They don't seem distracted by all the departures and have been playing well to start the year. I just hope a lack of depth doesn't catch up to them in SEC play, and that there is nothing wrong with the program that we can't see.

Four players leaving in such a short time is definitely an issue. One player was dismissed after transferring to Kentucky after being kicked off the team Oregon due to disciplinary issues. Morgan Rich from Allen County-Scottsville decided to transfer before the season started. Apparently she was coming off an ACL tear and was never cleared to practice. I don't know if she would've seen the floor at UK. The other two, are more concerning. Linnae Harper, who was a star primed for another big season, decided to transfer just before the season started. She even went through Big Blue Madness. She never cited any reasons for transferring, although speculation is she didn't want to play second fiddle to Epps. There were reports that she visited Tennessee recently, which would be a big slap in the face to Kentucky if she transferred there. Then just days ago, Kyvin Goodin-Rogers decided to transfer. Speculation is her reason was playing time. She wasn't getting a ton of minutes but she was contributing in each game.

 

Each situation seems to be different, and it doesn't seem as bad when you look at them individually. However, it is never a good thing to lose 4 players in 2 months. So far, this team has looked like one of the better teams Matthew Mitchell has had. They don't seem distracted by all the departures and have been playing well to start the year. I just hope a lack of depth doesn't catch up to them in SEC play, and that there is nothing wrong with the program that we can't see.

 

Thanks for the insight. Like PP92, my internal alarms are ringing, but this helps. Hopefully it's not an indication of anything more serious.

I see no connection between the transfers and no indication of a program problem, just bad timing.

 

I think the program is fine.

I heard one of the Lexington TV sports mention that Harper's mother was quoted as saying the reason her daughter was transferring was simply because she wasn't happy at Kentucky.

Why she wasn't happy wasn't answered.

They gave away 3,000 tickets for tomorrow's UK/UL game tonight at the UK v. EKU men's game.

They gave away 3,000 tickets for tomorrow's UK/UL game tonight at the UK v. EKU men's game.

 

It's a shame, really. Kentucky is ranked #8 in the nation and it's Louisville.

 

UConn and Tennessee are the only schools that draw well and they don't have consistent sellouts.

 

I understand I'm in a minority, but I love watching women's hoops. It's more fundamental basketball and I like that better.

Watching games in Memorial Coliseum is a very good experience. They don't draw as well as they should, but I think it's because people don't realize how affordable their games are. Season Tickets are like $120 bucks. I'm sure most of you all spend that in a semester going to high school games.

UK smacked around UL last night. 5 in a row for the Hoops team over Louisville

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.