Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hazard Job

Featured Replies

Who will get the Hazard job? I heard Randy McCoy is the front runner.

He would be a good choice. Didn't he coach in the 15th region before he was at pikeville college?

  • Author
He would be a good choice. Didn't he coach in the 15th region before he was at pikeville college?

 

 

Yes, he coached at Elkhorn City before Pikeville College

Yes, he coached at Elkhorn City before Pikeville College

What was his record at Elkorn City against some of the bigger schools. I know Spurlock was quoted in the Manchester Enterprise as stating that the only big school you had to beat in the 14th was Perry Central. This seems like a good situation for seasoned McCoy and a good way to add to his winning margin.

McCoy had some really good success at Elkhorn City. I think he may have even coached the Kentucky All Stars one year (and I think they actually beat Indiana that season). I don't think he ever won a region, but obviously knows how to work in a small school.

 

McCoy would be a very good choice.

Randy McCoy is a candidate but there are several others that have shown interest.

Randy McCoy is a candidate but there are several others that have shown interest.

 

 

Who else has shown interest in this job?

I'm not at liberty to say. i.e. I'm not sure who they are but I'm sure that they will pick a quality coach.

If Randy McCoy wants the job and they don't give it to him, than the folks at Hazard are crazy. The man has won in HS and in College. He can coach and has done so at a high level. He old enough to have expierence, but young enough to have in your program for a while. He likes Eastern Kentucky. He seems like the perfect fit.

Does anyone know when they plan on hiring someone?

McCoy had some really good success at Elkhorn City. I think he may have even coached the Kentucky All Stars one year (and I think they actually beat Indiana that season). I don't think he ever won a region, but obviously knows how to work in a small school.

 

McCoy would be a very good choice.

 

He actually won a 15th region title in, I think, '93 with the Conley kid. He was sometimes accused of having some character issues but the bottom line is this guy can coach. Would be a great fit for the Bulldogs. Hes not a coach that will tolerate any lip from the parents of the kids he coaches and that in itself is something the Hazard program could use.

Does anyone think that Lewis Morris would ever return to Hazard? He took them to the state tournament in 98, and I don't believe he is coaching anywhere as of now. I could be wrong, anyone know?

What was his record at Elkorn City against some of the bigger schools. I know Spurlock was quoted in the Manchester Enterprise as stating that the only big school you had to beat in the 14th was Perry Central. This seems like a good situation for seasoned McCoy and a good way to add to his winning margin.

I don't know how many years it will take them to become a basketball power after their consolidation, but as far as 14th region "big schools" are concerned, Letcher Central is as big as Perry Central.

The East Ridge job is now open and if McCoy has a choice between East Ridge or Hazard, he will choose East Ridge hands down. I would be surprised if he ever moved away from Elkhorn City.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.