Turkey shoots down Russian warplane near Syrian border

SportsGuy41017

US forces have been deploying to Turkey recently. See link below.

The A-10s make sense if fighting ISIS. The F-15s mission is air superiority. Not that ISIS has many aircraft.

A proxy war that breaks out of Syria is a very bad thing.

Second wave of US F-15s arrive at Turkey's Incirlik Air Base - News - Stripes

F-15E is the 2 seater strike variant that is capable of ground attack. It's no A-10 by any means, it can't loiter at low altitude, take tons of damage and intimidate enemies like an A-10 but if the US wants to drop bombs from altitude and not get anyone close then the Strike Eagle is good for the job.

A-10 is perfect for this type of situation though.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if these were US backed Rebels that shot down the rescue helicopter, as well as Rebels who shot at the pilots, where is IS?

Wasn't Russia supposed to be in Syria to fight off IS? Proof that it was a bunch of garbage coming out of the Kremlin. They are there for one reason, to help Assad as he was hurt badly over the spring and summer by the rebels.

They are fighting "extremists," which to Assad and Putin means anyone who disagrees.

Propaganda machine will be working overtime in ole USSR.

I wonder if Putin will be buried like Lenin.

While I tend to disagree with a number of things you say, this isn't one of them. Putin has been acting more and more like a Soviet premier in the last couple years and I jokingly started calling it the Soviet Union about 3-4 years ago. I really didn't anticipate being this close to right.

While I tend to disagree with a number of things you say' date=' this isn't one of them. Putin has been acting more and more like a Soviet premier in the last couple years and I jokingly started calling it the Soviet Union about 3-4 years ago. I really didn't anticipate being this close to right.[/quote']

He's just ticked about oil prices.

The Oil Prices are killing Russia right now...nothing like a good mid-east shooting war to get those prices back up.

I said 5 years ago on this board OPEC and the oil dependent countries dug their graves when they let it get to $100.

The US can out produce the King of all oil Saudi Arabia now with fracking.

Is that even possible?

Yes. Russia is in an area where ISIS is not, they are going after the US backed rebels. Assad's hope is at the end it's him and ISIS who are standing so he can then say "it's either me or ISIS in power here". As PepRock stated, they (Russia) is against anyone who is against Assad, ISIS and/or the rebels. Interestingly enough both Syria and Russia are benefiting for ISIS oil.

The U.S. Is patrolling the Syrian/Turkey border, and Russia has installed anti-aircraft missiles in the area. One wrong move, one mistake, and this thing could explode very quckily into a nightmare.