Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cy Young Winners

Featured Replies

A little surprised that it was Arrieta although I thought he was deserving. Split votes on the Dodgers help him?

A little surprised that it was Arrieta although I thought he was deserving. Split votes on the Dodgers help him?

 

Grienke's ERA was only .10 points better than Arrietta and he had the most wins. Also had almost as many strikeouts as Kershaw. I think it would have been a crime for anybody other than Arrietta to win it. His numbers were as good as anyones across the board, but he also had more wins and then the no-hitter as well.

Grienke 19 wins, 200 k's and 1.66 ERA in 222.2 innings

Arrieta 22 wins, 236 k's, 1.77 ERA in 229 innings.

 

How exactly did Grienke get screwed?

I would have voted for Grienke but hard to argue Arietta winning.

Dallas Keuchel (Astros) Jake Arrieta (Cubs)

 

Keuchel never made All State in high school.

Well-deserved win for Arrieta. Now bring home a World Series next Fall.

Grienke 19 wins, 200 k's and 1.66 ERA in 222.2 innings

Arrieta 22 wins, 236 k's, 1.77 ERA in 229 innings.

 

How exactly did Grienke get screwed?

 

Exactly! His ERA was off the charts, but so was Arietta's. Arietta trumps him on wins, strikeouts, innings, and all other significant categories.

 

So what are people saying? That this should be strictly an ERA award? Arietta was as lights out down the stretch as anyone could have been. He went on a run where he only allowed 3-4 runs in 7-8 games.

I wonder how many Cy Young winners never made the all star game. I wouldn't think there would be too many. Arietta was unreal the second half of the season.

Exactly! His ERA was off the charts, but so was Arietta's. Arietta trumps him on wins, strikeouts, innings, and all other significant categories.

 

So what are people saying? That this should be strictly an ERA award? Arietta was as lights out down the stretch as anyone could have been. He went on a run where he only allowed 3-4 runs in 7-8 games.

 

What about WHIP?

What about WHIP?

 

Grienke's was better. Grienke also had a WAR of almost 1.0 better than Arietta. Grienke did it the entire season. Arietta did it for 2.5 months. To me, that matters.

Grienke's was better. Grienke also had a WAR of almost 1.0 better than Arietta. Grienke did it the entire season. Arietta did it for 2.5 months. To me, that matters.

 

I can get behind your statistical logic.

 

I can't get behind the last part about "when." He didn't strike out 236 people in 2.5 months. It's why you look at an entire season.

 

Look at final numbers and use them to make a determination. I can see the argument for Greinke but I can see it for Jake as well.

Grienke's was better. Grienke also had a WAR of almost 1.0 better than Arietta. Grienke did it the entire season. Arietta did it for 2.5 months. To me, that matters.

 

I agree. I said I would have voted for Grienke

Grienke's was better. Grienke also had a WAR of almost 1.0 better than Arietta. Grienke did it the entire season. Arietta did it for 2.5 months. To me, that matters.

 

I looked up the splits.

 

Arrrieta had one bad month - 1 -3 3.99 ERA

His crazy good post ASB splits just make the pre-ASB numbers seem ehh.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.