Duck Season

spindoc

Hmmm. You are probably correct, this was used for hunting rabbits, so probably not ideal for hunting water fowl. I have been planning to buy a twelve gauge but specifically for hunting unwanted visitors in the middle of the night. Sounds like a waterfowl specific shot gun would be needed.

A guy I used to work Trinity's Bass Classic fishing tournament with is a water fowl hunting nut and owns more shot guns than women own shoes. Now that he has his beloved Kriegolph (however you spell it), I have to think he has an old Browning or Remington he no longer wants. May make him an offer on one.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm. You are probably correct, this was used for hunting rabbits, so probably not ideal for hunting water fowl. I have been planning to buy a twelve gauge but specifically for hunting unwanted visitors in the middle of the night. Sounds like a waterfowl specific shot gun would be needed.

A guy I used to work Trinity's Bass Classic fishing tournament with is a water fowl hunting nut and owns more shot guns than women own shoes. Now that he has his beloved Kriegolph (however you spell it), I have to think he has an old Browning or Remington he no longer wants. May make him an offer on one.

Well, I have my fair share of shotguns and you're welcome to use one of mine. I hope he enjoys his new shotgun, and I hope he didn't actually pay 13K for it. That's about the norm for one of those. I can't understand that personally, but hey, good for him.

Well, I have my fair share of shotguns and you're welcome to use one of mine.

Actually, for my first time, if I could borrow one, it would be appreciated.

I hope he enjoys his new shotgun, and I hope he didn't actually pay 13K for it. That's about the norm for one of those. I can't understand that personally, but hey, good for him.

This from the guy looking at getting a Wilson Combat 1911 lol

He bought it from an estate sale and the executor of the estate must not have known what a Kriegolph is worth because he paid about 8 grand I believe. He is the president of a subsidiary of a large company so he makes the kind of income to afford one. Along with hunting, he trap shoots competitively at the Louisville Gun Club so it must he used a ton. So he may only be half crazy to get one. Lol. A couple guys at the Jefferson County Gun Club own Kriegolphs but as much as they shoot, it may not be all crazy.

Bert, we will get together as the weather changes and the season gets here. I look forward to it. Gotta have your license, duck stamp, and now they make you fill out a goofy HIP survey before you can hunt waterfowl. We just need it to get cooooooold.

Bert, we will get together as the weather changes and the season gets here. I look forward to it. Gotta have your license, duck stamp, and now they make you fill out a goofy HIP survey before you can hunt waterfowl. We just need it to get cooooooold.

What time of the year are we talking? Migration can't be too far away correct?

What time of the year are we talking? Migration can't be too far away correct?

Well reports are scattered now but in the northernmost states there are reports of migration. But the colder the better. In the event it gets single digits for a stretch its money.

season starts Thanksgiving day.

Well reports are scattered now but in the northernmost states there are reports of migration. But the colder the better. In the event it gets single digits for a stretch its money.

season starts Thanksgiving day.

Let me guess, while Mrs. Spindoc is Black Friday shopping, you are in a John Boat under a blind waiting for some quackers to fly low?

I do know that duck fat is very highly sought after in the cooking world according to my sister's boyfriend who is a chef. He actually took 3 mallards last season and dressed them and smoked them and saved the fat to cook other stuff with. He said he likes them in the smoker. He's got one of those giant big green egg deals. Takes up half of their deck.

Nice. Hammerheads in Louisville serves up duck tacos off the smoker that are absolutely amazing.

This may be a really stupid question, but you have to have a dog to go duck hunting, right?

If not, how do you get the ducks you've shot?

Not a lot of duck hunters in this area.

Nope. Boat. And I fabbed a nice duck hook from bamboo.