Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knox Central @ Mercer County Playoff Predictions

Who Wins? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Knox Central
      50%
    • Mercer County
      50%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I have actually watched them play with my own eyes. I watched them when they played their murderer's row of a schedule and I watched them in district games. It's easy to see when you watch a team over the course of a season and can see them grow. Knox Central's district has Wayne County. Other than that their district is pretty weak also. Mercer County played with Wayne County for 4 quarters and that was before they started playing well. Held Wayne County to 21 points the night they played them and they weren't full strength that night either. Wayne County defeated Knox Central also so I'd imagine at the very worst Mercer County can at least play with Knox Central. I could give an in depth explanation on why Mercer County will win this game but I'm not going to come on here and divulge information that they may not want shared with the whole state.

 

All that I will say is that I expect Mercer County to be playing the day after Thanksgiving.

 

Enjoy your turkey (or should I say crow?)!

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your turkey (or should I say crow?)!

 

At least wait until they lose to get cocky. I can deep fry you a turkey with the best of them. You'll love the creole butter marinade.

I think Knox wins based on more success against tougher teams on their schedule (remember Knox also has a win over Louisville Central), but this should be a close one. I think Knox wins 28-21.

I think Knox wins based on more success against tougher teams on their schedule (remember Knox also has a win over Louisville Central), but this should be a close one. I think Knox wins 28-21.

 

Knox's athletes can put them in the state title game. Will they? We will find out.

 

I'll take Mercer by 3. I like Coach B.

Knox defeating Central is an aberration. If you want to beat Central then get them as far away from Louisville as you can. Everyone knows that. Plus that was the second week of the year.

 

This whole Knox beat Central logic is faulty. Wayne County beat Knox Central by 11 but I bet none of you would pick Wayne County to beat Central if they played this Friday. I bet most of you don't think Boyle County will beat Central on Friday and Boyle County would beat Knox Central by 3+ TDs.

At least wait until they lose to get cocky. I can deep fry you a turkey with the best of them. You'll love the creole butter marinade.

 

Yummy! Bring it on! Nothing negative toward Mercer, just feel that KC is the much better team. If I am wrong, it won't be a "first".

Knox defeating Central is an aberration. If you want to beat Central then get them as far away from Louisville as you can. Everyone knows that. Plus that was the second week of the year.

 

This whole Knox beat Central logic is faulty. Wayne County beat Knox Central by 11 but I bet none of you would pick Wayne County to beat Central if they played this Friday. I bet most of you don't think Boyle County will beat Central on Friday and Boyle County would beat Knox Central by 3+ TDs.

 

I'd pick Wayne to beat Central at Wayne...lol

Knox defeating Central is an aberration. If you want to beat Central then get them as far away from Louisville as you can. Everyone knows that. Plus that was the second week of the year.

 

This whole Knox beat Central logic is faulty. Wayne County beat Knox Central by 11 but I bet none of you would pick Wayne County to beat Central if they played this Friday. I bet most of you don't think Boyle County will beat Central on Friday and Boyle County would beat Knox Central by 3+ TDs.

 

Agree completely it was an aberration. However, you have to have players to at least compete in a game like that. Obviously things are different three months later but I still think Knox has the better team. What Mercer has going for it is the game is in Harrodsburg.

Agree completely it was an aberration. However, you have to have players to at least compete in a game like that. Obviously things are different three months later but I still think Knox has the better team. What Mercer has going for it is the game is in Harrodsburg.

 

Why? Who do they have and what do they do better than Mercer County?

I'd pick Wayne to beat Central at Wayne...lol

 

I would too. :lol2:

Why? Who do they have and what do they do better than Mercer County?

 

I've not seen them play. I'm basing my prediction on how they've played in their district and the win over Corbin. Mercer has obviously played better of late but that district is a dog and the win over Clark says nothing. What is our real read of Mercer? I have no idea.

 

I think Knox will line up and pound it. Will Mercer compete? Certainly. Can Mercer win? Sure, and it wouldn't surprise me. I just haven't seen enough from Mercer to make me pick them.

I've not seen them play. I'm basing my prediction on how they've played in their district and the win over Corbin. Mercer has obviously played better of late but that district is a dog and the win over Clark says nothing. What is our real read of Mercer? I have no idea.

 

I think Knox will line up and pound it. Will Mercer compete? Certainly. Can Mercer win? Sure, and it wouldn't surprise me. I just haven't seen enough from Mercer to make me pick them.

 

Fair enough. I like that better than Knox beat Central so they'll beat Mercer County. :D

A good clip on Coach Buchanan starts at around 1:45 of the video.

 

 

LEX 18 Sports at 11 - November 11, 2015 - LEX18.com | Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

Knox defeating Central is an aberration. If you want to beat Central then get them as far away from Louisville as you can. Everyone knows that. Plus that was the second week of the year.

 

This whole Knox beat Central logic is faulty. Wayne County beat Knox Central by 11 but I bet none of you would pick Wayne County to beat Central if they played this Friday. I bet most of you don't think Boyle County will beat Central on Friday and Boyle County would beat Knox Central by 3+ TDs.

 

i agree you cant compare scores but if we did does it mean since Bell beat Wayne and Wayne beat Knox Central who beat central who beat St.X who competed with Trinity. Does this mean Bell is a top tier 6A team hahah

i agree you cant compare scores but if we did does it mean since Bell beat Wayne and Wayne beat Knox Central who beat central who beat St.X who competed with Trinity. Does this mean Bell is a top tier 6A team hahah

 

:lol2:

 

Exactly.

 

That would make Boyle County a top tier 6A team also since they beat Bell County 41-7. :lol2:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.