Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knox Central @ Mercer County Playoff Predictions

Who Wins? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Knox Central
      50%
    • Mercer County
      50%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

:lol2:

 

Exactly.

 

That would make Boyle County a top tier 6A team also since they beat Bell County 41-7. :lol2:

 

I remembered that beat down after i already submitted reply, i knew that was coming haha

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knox defeating Central is an aberration. If you want to beat Central then get them as far away from Louisville as you can. Everyone knows that. Plus that was the second week of the year.

 

This whole Knox beat Central logic is faulty. Wayne County beat Knox Central by 11 but I bet none of you would pick Wayne County to beat Central if they played this Friday. I bet most of you don't think Boyle County will beat Central on Friday and Boyle County would beat Knox Central by 3+ TDs.

 

I'm not sure that Knox beating Central was that much of an aberration, it was really more about matchups and style of play. Knox is a big, physical team that is really good against the run, but can be vulnerable to teams that can spread them out and have a balanced offensive attack.

 

Offensively, they need to pound the ball with #44 as much as possible. I'm not sure what happened in the Wayne Co. game, but if the KHSAA stats are correct from that game, it looks like they forgot what they were good at. Maybe a KC fan can fill us in on the specifics of that game. That said, if Knox Central can get by Mercer Co. this week, I fully expect them to beat Wayne Co. if they meet again.

 

Knox Central 24 Mercer Co. 21

I'm not sure that Knox beating Central was that much of an aberration, it was really more about matchups and style of play. Knox is a big, physical team that is really good against the run, but can be vulnerable to teams that can spread them out and have a balanced offensive attack.

 

Offensively, they need to pound the ball with #44 as much as possible. I'm not sure what happened in the Wayne Co. game, but if the KHSAA stats are correct from that game, it looks like they forgot what they were good at. Maybe a KC fan can fill us in on the specifics of that game. That said, if Knox Central can get by Mercer Co. this week, I fully expect them to beat Wayne Co. if they meet again.

 

Knox Central 24 Mercer Co. 21

 

So you think Mercer is a more difficult task than a potential rematch with Wayne Co.?

I'm not sure that Knox beating Central was that much of an aberration, it was really more about matchups and style of play. Knox is a big, physical team that is really good against the run, but can be vulnerable to teams that can spread them out and have a balanced offensive attack.

 

Offensively, they need to pound the ball with #44 as much as possible. I'm not sure what happened in the Wayne Co. game, but if the KHSAA stats are correct from that game, it looks like they forgot what they were good at. Maybe a KC fan can fill us in on the specifics of that game. That said, if Knox Central can get by Mercer Co. this week, I fully expect them to beat Wayne Co. if they meet again.

 

Knox Central 24 Mercer Co. 21

 

I think Mercer County is capable of having a balanced attack but execution will be key. The more I am seeing and hearing I expect this to be a low scoring game. I can see a 24-21 score but I think it could be 14-10 or something along those lines. I hate I am going to miss this one but fatherly duties call. I think this will be a really good game.

The more research I do on both teams the more comfortable I'm becoming on this one. I think Knox Central will win by at least two scores.

 

Also, for those of us who watched it, the Central game was not an aberration. Central made some mistakes early that allowed Knox to stay close until the power game took over.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.