Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodford County

Featured Replies

After witnessing Central Hardin dismantle Woodford County, I am puzzled as to how a team with that much size and talent up front is unable to get any kind of push on their offensive line. They should be road grading teams and marching down the field, instead, Central Hardin pushed them around, was in the backfield all night and dominated the line of scrimmage.

Their only score was a pick six on Central's backup QB.

Woodford Co. is poorly coached. Teams load up the box and force them to pass which they cannot do. I'm not surprised by their lack of team success. In high school if I had to pick size or speed I would choose speed every time. Woodford lacks the athletes necessary to compete in big school football. It's been awhile since they've had those type players maybe Shawne Lewis and Trenton Fields????

I totally agree. I asked a question about them last week. An I offended knight . Idc how u slice it. With all the so called d-1 talent. The are terrible. Last week it was because they were on defense an the ball was run away from them. What is it called when u can't move the ball with 3 d-1 lineman. ??? Overrated or bad coaching. But seeing how this is the second coach with this bunch of kids. May just be the players.

They finished 4th in a district with no team with a winning record! They have 3 D1 Olineman did you hear that? Read that first sentence!!!!

Montgomery co is 7-3 on the year

I stand corrected, so what is everybody else record in that district?

Losing record just like the district they are paired with. They all have a losing record.

Pardon me a winning record. Highlands is 5-5.

Woodford Co. is poorly coached. Teams load up the box and force them to pass which they cannot do. I'm not surprised by their lack of team success. In high school if I had to pick size or speed I would choose speed every time. Woodford lacks the athletes necessary to compete in big school football. It's been awhile since they've had those type players maybe Shawne Lewis and Trenton Fields????

 

Which is it?

Which is it?

 

I think he is saying both...since that is what it says.

No sense complaining about coaching if the talent isn't there.

I suspect those who love player ratings will excoriate me for this, but the one time I saw Woodford play I wasn't impressed with anyone on the front line. They were completely manhandled by a defensive front that was good, but not great. I know there are more parts to ratings and teams than just a few players in one game, but I didn't see anything that moved me that night.

To hear them tell it. There is d-1 athletes all over the place. Right ?? But can't ever move the ball.

To hear them tell it. There is d-1 athletes all over the place. Right ?? But can't ever move the ball.

 

I didn't see D1 athletes anywhere other than perhaps the line. The quarterback wasn't great, but I also thought he was asked to do things that weren't his strength. They had two smallish running backs, who were pretty fast. Turnovers hurt them the night I saw them play.

 

Defensively, the linebackers and defensive backfield really struggled. When the runner got past the first line, there just wasn't anyone else there.

To hear them tell it. There is d-1 athletes all over the place. Right ?? But can't ever move the ball.

 

You have an axe to grind. You appear in every Woodford thread and say the same thing over and over. I don't know who "they" is. College coaches at D-1 schools like a few of their linemen. 2-3 I can't remember. In common parlance people don't call linemen athletes. 2-3 is not all over the place. They don't move the ball because they aren't a good team. It appears as the season wore on they also weren't very motivated. That's 50/50 on the kids and coaches.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.