St. Xavier (OH) 20 St. Xavier 10

theguru

Wow. Just Wow. I must say I am amazed by the comments here. So with a different head coach you guys are saying Cincy St. X would have lost? Looking at the Staff... They have added former head coaches along with a ton of great coaches. St. X also has coaches on the staff from the previous head coach.

Guys, look at the athletes. I think the issue is that St. X has about 98% of the team from CSAA schools. Look at Trinity - almost 50/50 CSAA and public school kids. Look at Male - 100% public school kids.

St. X does more with less as far as athletes. By that I mean kids that run 4.4 40's.

I love the St. X kids and would love to add some more public school kids striving for the best education money can buy.

Go Tigers! I am a fan of the staff. No staff out there has a guy like Bruner on it! That guy is by far the best defensive coordinator in the state of KY!

I don't think if Coach Glaser was still coaching they would have beaten Cincy St. X this past Friday. For me, the same comment recurs in big games, "...they out played us." or "...they were more prepare." At some point that is unacceptable and needs to be fixed. Add Coach Bruner was huge; I believe Coach Walsh is a solid coach, but just not getting it done as the defensive coordinator. Coach Bruner has stepped in and done a great job! Offense and time management are the biggest issues. The first two years were really troublesome from the offensive side of the ball; zero identity of consistency. This year there is improvement, but it will take time for the offense to be what the coaches want it to be. Whoever was going to replace Coach Glaser was going to face some fight back from the outside, but the program is gradually losing relevance within the city, and that is not just the HC problem it is a athletic department and administration problem.

Can Wolford turn it around, sure he can, but it will take some outside the box thinking and a willingness to commit and invest 100% to the program, not just 75%, and that includes all involved.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

Wow. Just Wow. I must say I am amazed by the comments here. So with a different head coach you guys are saying Cincy St. X would have lost? Looking at the Staff... They have added former head coaches along with a ton of great coaches. St. X also has coaches on the staff from the previous head coach.

Guys, look at the athletes. I think the issue is that St. X has about 98% of the team from CSAA schools. Look at Trinity - almost 50/50 CSAA and public school kids. Look at Male - 100% public school kids.

St. X does more with less as far as athletes. By that I mean kids that run 4.4 40's.

I love the St. X kids and would love to add some more public school kids striving for the best education money can buy.

Go Tigers! I am a fan of the staff. No staff out there has a guy like Bruner on it! That guy is by far the best defensive coordinator in the state of KY!

They also added a bunch of grade school coaches who were Wolford's buddies who have no business coaching high school football.

Rule #14

Why do the 50% public school kids choose T over X? Just wondering what kind of thoughts you may have on that subject. The kids have the same opportunity to attend X...right? It can't be all about recruiting in my opinion. Appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

I'm also seeing WAY more quality football players from the CSAA choose DeSales over X the past 4-5 years. I've been a coach in the CSAA and Optimist leagues for a long time so I try to stay close to both leagues and the talent around our city. Would love to hear your thought on this one as well. I do feel like the Tiger faithful should take a deep dive into this one as much as the T part of the discussion.

Finally, I also feel like folks better pay special attention to CAL. I'm hearing of extremely talented kids going to that school next year...some of the Catholic kids combined with inner city.

Hope everyone can realize X and T aren't the only show in town. The things going on at Central, DeSales, CAL and Male are remarkable. For X to get back on top, I think everyone should pay attention to what is happening at other schools and stop chasing T. Just my 2 cents.

Rule #14

Bruner is def coordinator. The only grade school coach I see is Miners and that guy has played at a college level and knows is defense I can assure u!. I don't think there is one coach on the staff without a lot of great coaching experience.

As for Desales....my take is they offer a very different product. They have 7 clubs and sports. They have 100 students in a class. A kid either just likes the small school or they like the idea they can play every sport no matter what because there is no fear of cutting or less competition for playing time when there are only 30 kids on a team versus 100. Desales is a good school for those kids. In my opinion!!!! I am in no way downgrading Trinity or Desales.

Rule #4

Bruner is def coordinator. The only grade school coach I see is Miners and that guy has played at a college level and knows is defense I can assure u!. I don't think there is one coach on the staff without a lot of great coaching experience.

As for Desales....my take is they offer a very different product. They have 7 clubs and sports. They have 100 students in a class. A kid either just likes the small school or they like the idea they can play every sport no matter what because there is no fear of cutting or less competition for playing time when there are only 30 kids on a team versus 100. Desales is a good school for those kids. In my opinion!!!! I am in no way downgrading Trinity or Desales.

I believe more than 50% of the T student body is getting financial aid regardless of the sport he might play. Majority of them don't play sports. The T administration is very generous in that area - more so than other schools but all of the asistance is financial based. We've been up and down this road before.

Love the topic and value your opinions. Just saying if you guys on the X side aren't paying as much attention to Central, DeSales and CAL...I feel like you are missing the boat. Especially DeSales and CAL. Stop saying T this and T that and trying to point out everything we do wrong - and start looking at the other schools and what they are doing 'right'.

Have to agree with some of the posters...if you aren't careful, X could continue to lose relevance while others like CAL and DeSales become more and more relevant. Might even see Manual become more relevant especially if Coach Glaser decided to take the job.

Great discussion, eat & sleep. I do appreciate your feedback even if we disagree on a few things.

Rule 4 & Rule 14

St. Xavier is and always will be relevant in Louisville. Yes they will have up and down years in football that's the nature of the beast for them. They will win state in baseball, wrestling, tennis, powerlifting, LAX, Soccer......ect. Football is king I know but St. X will always compete I can guarantee that. CAL and Desales are both good options for kids that want to play 3 sports and not have to worry about cuts. They do cut a small number from time to time in some sports though.

Rule #4 & Rule #14

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA ? Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.

St. Xavier is and always will be relevant in Louisville. Yes they will have up and down years in football that's the nature of the beast for them. They will win state in baseball, wrestling, tennis, powerlifting, LAX, Soccer......ect. Football is king I know but St. X will always compete I can guarantee that. CAL and Desales are both good options for kids that want to play 3 sports and not have to worry about cuts. They do cut a small number from time to time in some sports though.

Not trying to be rude here, but I thought Trinity had won the title for eleven years straight in addition to some national titles. Does St. X have a really favored team this year?

I am a little surprised you didn't mention swimming as St. X has over fifty state titles in that sport.

back on topic --> I feel that the X program has slipped a bit!!! Still looking for something to get them over the hump and slinging mojo!!! Just have NOT seen it the last three years. This years team is 6 - 4 and really this is NOT acceptable. Now here is the catch. Losses have come against very respectable teams. The Central loss being a real head scratcher. OK, played very competitively against some tough competition!!! Now come the playoffs!!! X will have to face some of these same opponents which they played close but came up short. Can X find a way to MAKE ENOUGH IMPROVEMENT to win these games???? My head tells me, have to see it to believe it!!!!! Heart says GO TIGERS!!!!

This is a big change in the thinking process for many X fans. One could say that X was prepared and ready for the playoffs and avenged some of those losses, but in the end, X was prepared, improvements were made and fans had CONFIDENCE IN in the product on the field. Nowadays, not real sure what to expect, other than what we have seen!!!! Mediocore and marginal football!!! No disrespect to the kids, the parents and coaches!!! What it is, is what it is!!!! And its not like it used to be!!!!!

back on topic --> Just have NOT seen it the last three years. This years team is 6 - 4 and really this is NOT acceptable. Now here is the catch. Losses have come I feel that the X program has slipped a bit!!! Still looking for something to get them over the hump and slinging mojo!!! against very respectable teams. The Central loss being a real head scratcher. OK, played very competitively against some tough competition!!! Now come the playoffs!!! X will have to face some of these same opponents which they played close but came up short. Can X find a way to MAKE ENOUGH IMPROVEMENT to win these games???? My head tells me, have to see it to believe it!!!!! Heart says GO TIGERS!!!!

This is a big change in the thinking process for many X fans. One could say that X was prepared and ready for the playoffs and avenged some of those losses, but in the end, X was prepared, improvements were made and fans had CONFIDENCE IN in the product on the field. Nowadays, not real sure what to expect, other than what we have seen!!!! Mediocore and marginal football!!! No disrespect to the kids, the parents and coaches!!! What it is, is what it is!!!! And its not like it used to be!!!!!

I have confidence the defense will be prepared and keep the Tigers within striking distance throughout the playoffs, just not sure what the offense will do (Theme over the last 3 years). Ridder is a good player, just has to protect the football (Another theme over the last 3 years).

X has given their fan base hope going into the playoffs, but playoffs are a different beast and we will see if X can perform at a level to knock off T and Male.

This question even goes back to the Glaser Era, when was the last time X won a game they were not supposed to win?

back on topic --> Just have NOT seen it the last three years. This years team is 6 - 4 and really this is NOT acceptable. Now here is the catch. Losses have come I feel that the X program has slipped a bit!!! Still looking for something to get them over the hump and slinging mojo!!! against very respectable teams. The Central loss being a real head scratcher. OK, played very competitively against some tough competition!!! Now come the playoffs!!! X will have to face some of these same opponents which they played close but came up short. Can X find a way to MAKE ENOUGH IMPROVEMENT to win these games???? My head tells me, have to see it to believe it!!!!! Heart says GO TIGERS!!!!

I have confidence the defense will be prepared and keep the Tigers within striking distance throughout the playoffs, just not sure what the offense will do (Theme over the last 3 years). Ridder is a good player, just has to protect the football (Another theme over the last 3 years).

X has given their fan base hope going into the playoffs, but playoffs are a different beast and we will see if X can perform at a level to knock off T and Male.

This question even goes back to the Glaser Era, when was the last time X won a game they were not supposed to win?

Was X favored in the regular season game last year? I can't remember the lead-up to that one.