Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Prop 20

Featured Replies

This doesn't seem like a very valid argument. If Trinity were co-ed, it would have to provide athletic facilities for twice as many sports as it currently does. Lexington Catholic, Covington Catholic, Owensboro Catholic, and Holy Cross (all considerably smaller and arguably less wealthy) have found ways to offer the full spectrum of sports for boys and girls. Doing that means providing facilities for practices and managing availability of the venues. An example of that is the way Manual Stadium is able to support both Manual and X home games.

 

How would fielding two teams impose a disproportionate hardship when compared to what co-ed schools have been doing for years?

 

My senior to be daughter at NDA would surley love it, if CovCath were indeed co-ed. I think you might have ment Newport Central Catholic and not Covington Catholic..... :D

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would agree with your statement for the city schools.

 

For rural schools, the school size is more of a geographical thing than self imposed.

 

Don't believe that Deming would ever reach AAAA status being located in the smallest county in the state, Robertson County.

 

Please remember, not every school in the state is like Louisville schools. There are other schools in this state besides Louisville schools.:D

I stand by my statement.

 

Counties like Boone County which have seen a population boom have chosen to open new schools rather then have one or two large schools. The same holds true for Oldham County schools. If I'm not mistaken the state has mandated that high schools stay below a certain enrollment.

This doesn't seem like a very valid argument. If Trinity were co-ed, it would have to provide athletic facilities for twice as many sports as it currently does. Lexington Catholic, Covington Catholic, Owensboro Catholic, and Holy Cross (all considerably smaller and arguably less wealthy) have found ways to offer the full spectrum of sports for boys and girls. Doing that means providing facilities for practices and managing availability of the venues. An example of that is the way Manual Stadium is able to support both Manual and X home games.

 

How would fielding two teams impose a disproportionate hardship when compared to what co-ed schools have been doing for years?

 

Thinking about this in terms other than athletic, I think that the fact that Trinity, X, Sacred Heart, Assumption, for instance, are so well-attended as single-sex schools speaks volumes about the ned for the single-sex environment to be an option for students in Jefferson County. Holy Cross is co-ed, so that option is available to Jefferson County students seeking a co-ed Catholic education. The fact is, though, the the four I mentioned apparently appeal to a large number of Jefferson County students.

 

As to my thoughts of fielding two teams, I don't believe it's unfair for the students of Trinity who don't get a lot of playing time. If they felt it was unfair, they wouldn't remain on the team. Some of those kids may never see any playing time, yet they continue to play and practice.

 

Another argument to be made is that even if we did field two teams, we'd still have the advantage of our signifcant numbers in practicing. We still wouldn't have too many (if any) players playing both ways. I feel that it's possible a two-headed monster may become a four-headed monster, and then what would be the next solution?

I think most non X & T folks would be willing to try the two team option and risk the four headed monster. I dont think the practicing together would be an option or a problem because of the limitation in the number of scrimmages would not allow it.

 

I personally think the same sex classes for schools is an excellent idea and should be available in more public schools too!

 

I agree that the non playing kids on the teams dont consider it unfair and I expect they are very proud to be members, as they should be. But I believe they would be equally or more proud to be on one of the two teams fielded and actually get playing time.

I think most non X & T folks would be willing to try the two team option and risk the four headed monster. I dont think the practicing together would be an option or a problem because of the limitation in the number of scrimmages would not allow it.

 

I personally think the same sex classes for schools is an excellent idea and should be available in more public schools too!

 

I agree that the non playing kids on the teams dont consider it unfair and I expect they are very proud to be members, as they should be. But I believe they would be equally or more proud to be on one of the two teams fielded and actually get playing time.

The bottom line is that there is only one Trinity High School. It is the size it is because people are willing to pay $8,500 for what they get there. We'll get as large as the demand allows and there will still be ONE school. One school means one team representing that school. Get over it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.