Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RBI's in a season

Featured Replies

How many RBI's would you consider a good amount for a season

 

I figured for a 25 game rehular season around 50 or 60??

 

What do you all think?

How many RBI's would you consider a good amount for a season

 

I figured for a 25 game rehular season around 50 or 60??

 

What do you all think?

In the Major Leagues, 100 is a pretty good number. They paly 162 games. I think 50-60 is really good.

In 25 games. I'd say 30 is good. Also depends where you hit in the lineup. The 1 and 2 hitters probably won't get many.

In 25 games. I'd say 30 is good. Also depends where you hit in the lineup. The 1 and 2 hitters probably won't get many.

 

I agree with 30 being a good season.

In High School, if you play around 30 games for the regular season, 30 would be a good year.

 

If you're a clean-up hitter, on a teams that has a lot of baserunners and scores, than 40± would be an outstanding season and result in hitting well, with runners in scoring position.

Overrated stat...like most others.
I'm a huge fan of 2 Stats.....

 

1) On Base % (OBP)

2) Runner in Scoring Position % (RISP)

 

One (OBP) is indicative, of how hard a player hits the ball and usually, he has very good speed. The other (RISP), shows how a player hits in the clutch, with runners in scoring position.

I'm a huge fan of 2 Stats.....

 

1) On Base % (OBP)

2) Runner in Scoring Position % (RISP)

 

One (OBP) is indicative, of how hard a player hits the ball and usually, he has very good speed. The other (RISP), shows how a player hits in the clutch, with runners in scoring position.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

I'm a huge fan of 2 Stats.....

 

1) On Base % (OBP)

2) Runner in Scoring Position % (RISP)

 

One (OBP) is indicative, of how hard a player hits the ball and usually, he has very good speed. The other (RISP), shows how a player hits in the clutch, with runners in scoring position.

Thats my biggest right there. :thumb:

Thats my biggest right there. :thumb:
I chart a lot of things both hitting and pitching, so to me how a player does offensively with men on base and in scoring position, can be a accurate measurement of his offensive ability.

I think an overlooked stat is runs scored. What do you guys think?

I think an overlooked stat is runs scored. What do you guys think?

 

 

That's pretty much OBP% I believe.

 

But anywhere from 25-40 RBI in a season is pretty dang good.

That's pretty much OBP% I believe.

 

But anywhere from 25-40 RBI in a season is pretty dang good.

 

Not necessarily. You can be on base but don't have to score.

 

IMO, especially in high school, runs scored is misleading. On one hand, it's much easier to steal bases and score on passed balls, wild pitches...etc.

 

However, it's much more difficult to score on batted balls since most teams only truly carry 3 or 4 really good hitters.

 

Useless...IMO.

Idk, imo a player who has anywhere from 25 and above is a pretty good RBI player. I know this year at Villa our 2 hitter lead us in RBI's, just seems thats how things went. At the same time RBI's can be hard to come by if your team foesnt get men on base. It really varies. I agree.. RISP % is probably a very good stat that teams should keep but often dont.

You cant get RBI's if the guys in front dont get on base. You cant measure how good a player is by the amount of RBI's that he has, so im in agreement not that it is a useless stat, but a bit overrated. The stat that will tell you who is the most productive offensive player in the lineup is the OBP or on base percentage. To have a good OBP relies only on the hitter, and only he can control that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.