JV Tournament

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on which teams bring down the V players....

Last year Brossart brought varsity players down, NCC has been known to do so for this tournament, not sure how else. IMO it is an embarrassment and shows a lack of respect to the JV players, sends a "you're not good enough" message to the JV players. Bringing varsity players "down" says it all. Who wants to be brought "down", a good coach, a good program coaches their players up not down.

Last year Brossart brought varsity players down, NCC has been known to do so for this tournament, not sure how else. IMO it is an embarrassment and shows a lack of respect to the JV players, sends a "you're not good enough" message to the JV players. Bringing varsity players "down" says it all. Who wants to be brought "down", a good coach, a good program coaches their players up not down.

I'll have to let you know Friday. If scores are to be the judge SK beat Grant 6-0 (Brossart 2-1) and Scott 4-0 with the game cancelled at half time (Brossart 2-0).

I have no knowledge of the workings of Brossart's involvement in last year's JV tournament, but someone who does fired me the following comment to be posted here, since I seem to be the Brossart spokesman.

"This is total (Word Filter)…..we did not bring varsity players down because our varsity was playing a district game against Campbell County that weekend. Teams like Covcath, Highlands, NewCath and Campbell did in fact bring down players and it was confirmed. Brossart did not. With less than 2 minutes to play, Justin Rolf and Justin Schultz, who played both JV and varsity last year, came to the JV Final game and got in to the game. This needs to be clarified.

I'm predicting a final four of Ryle, NCC, Highlands and St Henry/Cov Cath winner ( tied 1-1 in first game of the year). Because I'm a homer I'll go with St Henry in that game. And a thank you to the Cov Cath coaching staff for moving the game to Friday night to 5pm at St Henry so the St Henry JV would finish in time to go to the Homecoming dance.

Edited by StXBomber88