JV Tournament

The problem is always been and always will be enforcement of any rules. If you ban a team due to violating the rules, you just hurt even more athletes. The KHSAA doesn't care about JV and never will, thus stat reporting won't help here. It really falls on n to the shoulders of the head coach, I personally think the coach would be nuts risking a varsity starters for the tournament. But if the player is a sophomore, starts every JV game and sits the bench to get 5 minutes a game at varsity I believe they should be eligible

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brossart currently has one freshman who plays varsity and has not been moved down to jv or freshman all year, and I highly doubt that will happen for this tournament. Actually, Brossart will have less players to sub in the jv tourney because their 8th graders are not permitted to play because of other schools playing juniors.

Conner beats HHS in PKs after 2-2 tie in regulation. Conner played with a ton of heart and desire to get a nice win. Scott dropped out of tournament so Conner goes direct to semi-finals. Best of luck to the Cougars tomorrow.

Conner beats HHS in PKs after 2-2 tie in regulation. Conner played with a ton of heart and desire to get a nice win. Scott dropped out of tournament so Conner goes direct to semi-finals. Best of luck to the Cougars tomorrow.

So, Scott beat Carroll County and then dropped out of the tournament? Is the former varsity coach now the JV coach?:ohbrother:

So, Scott beat Carroll County and then dropped out of the tournament? Is the former varsity coach now the JV coach?:ohbrother:

I think Carroll County might have dropped out also? Last year at least two teams dropped the week before the tournament. It would be nice if teams either declined to play in the tournament if they don't have enough players or did not schedule Varsity games on the Saturday of JV Regionals if they have so many shared players between JV and Varsity that they can't be two places at once.

I think Carroll County might have dropped out also? Last year at least two teams dropped the week before the tournament. It would be nice if teams either declined to play in the tournament if they don't have enough players or did not schedule Varsity games on the Saturday of JV Regionals if they have so many shared players between JV and Varsity that they can't be two places at once.

Well then in a situation like that, you bring up players from the freshmen team to fill out your JV roster. The only problem is that a lot of the smaller schools already have freshmen on the JV.

I am new to this site and this thing is a train wreck.

Here's what I see:

Besides a few people, most people are throwing punches at other programs with no evidence, proof or facts.

If you state Hhs, Ncc, cov cath brought varsity players down then name them. If you can't provide us with this information then why should we believe you?

The jv tourney was started by the former coach of Grant county. He started this tournament to give jv teams a chance to play for something. There is no way to monitor it nor do any of us have any control over other coaches actions. If a coach feels the need to drop varsity players down then that is his call. We all want OUR own sons team to win but we have to realize that there are just some teams out there that are better, weather its by fair play or bringing down varsity players. No matter who what or where there's always going to be people trying to figure ways to win by any means possible, that my friends is out of our hands. In my opinion, going to bed knowing my kid played the best he could ( win, lose, or draw) is OK with me.

Lastly, remember that this is about a bunch of 14-18 year old boys. There are no million dollar contracts or world championship on the line.

Have a blessed day.

Here's what I see:

Besides a few people, most people are throwing punches at other programs with no evidence, proof or facts.

If you state Hhs, Ncc, cov cath brought varsity players down then name them. If you can't provide us with this information then why should we believe you?

The jv tourney was started by the former coach of Grant county. He started this tournament to give jv teams a chance to play for something. There is no way to monitor it nor do any of us have any control over other coaches actions. If a coach feels the need to drop varsity players down then that is his call. We all want OUR own sons team to win but we have to realize that there are just some teams out there that are better, weather its by fair play or bringing down varsity players. No matter who what or where there's always going to be people trying to figure ways to win by any means possible, that my friends is out of our hands. In my opinion, going to bed knowing my kid played the best he could ( win, lose, or draw) is OK with me.

Lastly, remember that this is about a bunch of 14-18 year old boys. There are no million dollar contracts or world championship on the line.

Have a blessed day.

Welcome to the BGP. Believe it or not there are people that think everyone should just say play anyone that is eligible by khsaa standards. That opinion never gets far though. In all honesty I have said it in the past either make and enforce eligibility rules or play the absolute strongest JV team possible. Period. The complaints are pretty bad but I'll just reference my previous posts on here about how I feel at this point after years of watching this debacle.

I agree, tough match on a field too small for these sized players but that's been the case since they started holding it down there. The steady drizzle made it even worse but CCH came to play and deserved the win. I believe they conceded 1 goal the entire tournament and are a fun team to watch. Four freshmen starters and the rest sophomores and some great help off the bench make it back to back regional titles for CCH at the JV level. Congrats on a great season for them as they finish it up at Summit Country Day on Tuesday.

Agree the field is way to small for 14-16 year old boys, why do they continue to play it at TC? The championship game started with high intensity for the first 20-25 minutes, fun came to watch. CCH clearly the better team last night, fair result.

Current CCH sophomores have not lost a soccer match while wearing the CCH uniform. The 2014 freshman team and current JV team still undefeated, and against some good competition. Heard this class is the first ever CCH soccer team to beat a Cincinnat X soccer team at any level.

Here's what I see:

Have a blessed day.

Well said shutout..... the problem is most folks on this site are still reliving their glory days through their sons and therefore their vision will always be blurred.