Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 48 Rowan County 21

Featured Replies

Final. Ashland moves to 5-0.

Dowdy with over 100 yards passing. Baker got his, Roberts 9 yards shy of 100. Not a bad night working on the offense. 1-0 where it counts.

  • Author
Dowdy with over 100 yards passing. Baker got his' date=' Roberts 9 yards shy of 100. Not a bad night working on the offense. 1-0 where it counts.[/quote']

 

 

Did you go to the game? I must admit I'm a little surprised Rowan Co. was able to put up 21 points on the Tomcats.

Did you go to the game? I must admit I'm a little surprised Rowan Co. was able to put up 21 points on the Tomcats.

 

I've been working on some wedding preparations for tomorrow, but had the game playing in the background. From what I was able to hear Ashland did a little more passing tonight and moreless changed up the play calling from what we've seen thus far. I like it personally, its a work in progress. They could have won this one 56 to nill if they wanted to, but they chose to work on things they needed to work on. Another thing is they mixed in the second and third string quite a bit in the second half.

Did you go to the game? I must admit I'm a little surprised Rowan Co. was able to put up 21 points on the Tomcats.

 

No, however I did listen to the best radio announcer people love to hate. The first td Rowan scored, they marched it down the field, which did surprise me. The other two scores came with our 2s and 3s. I'm glad we were able to work on things a bit. The next two weeks are just a warm up for October 23rd. Keep working on the offense and sureing up the D over that time.

No, however I did listen to the best radio announcer people love to hate. �� The first td Rowan scored, they marched it down the field, which did surprise me. The other two scores came with our 2s and 3s.

 

Rowan always did leave thier 1s in against our jv. I cant remember thier RBs name but back in the early 2000's he was leading the state in rushing and they came to Greenup and through 3 qtrs we were up big and he only had like 50 yrds, we put our jv in and they ran him the whole 4th qtr ended up with like 150.

  • Author

MOREHEAD It wasn’t just Friday’s steady rain that turned Rowan County’s Homecoming festivities soggy.

And it wasn’t just Ashland senior Quinton Baker who slipped and slid through and around the Vikings’ defense.

Yes, Baker ran for 168 yards yards and five touchdowns — including an 81- and a 43-yarder to go with his 1- and two 3-yard plunges — in Ashland’s 48-21 win. And yes, the Associated Press Class 4A No. 3-ranked Tomcats won their first District 8 game and remained undefeated at 5-0.

Here’s where you could break out Beatles song titles to illustrate what Ashland did.

“With a Little Help From My Friends” works because Baker had a heaping helping. Junior quarterback Tate Dowdy threw for 148 yards and a 54-yard touchdown to Jay Layne to go with his 51 rushing yards; sophomore Noah Roberts had five carries for 69 yards and two catches for another 18; and senior Ryan Khounlavong tallied three catches for 36 yards.

“It was a great quality win,” Baker said. “Noah and all our weapons showed. … I was fortunate to punch it in every time.”

Ashland gained 442 total yards to Rowan County’s 225.

 

Tomcats pounce on Rowan, 48-21 - The Independent Online: Sports

They played good. Ashland usually gets everyone's best shot and Rowan played hard. This team is getting better. That's what we all want.

  • Author

Did anyone attend the game last night. Did they roll Dowdy out on the passes, or did he do the traditional drop back? It looks like he had a really good night.

Did anyone attend the game last night. Did they roll Dowdy out on the passes, or did he do the traditional drop back? It looks like he had a really good night.

They rolled him out on every one if I'm not mistaken.

  • Author
They rolled him out on every one if I'm not mistaken.

 

 

Thanks. Were they all short routes?

Thanks. Were they all short routes?

 

Yeah for the most part they were the long touchdown was probably a seven yard pass that layne did a great job of running on

Nice to hear Dowdy had a great game. As long as he can continue to make those short passes it will add another dimension to Ashlands offense. With the overall team speed they have a 3 yard pass can easily turn into a first down.

Best part of the game was when Ashland had 2 and 8 at the end of the first quarter and when they got over the ball to start the second quarter it was 2 and 2.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.