Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps' Class 2A Rankings 9-21-15

Featured Replies

Class 2A

1. DeSales --OPEN

2. Mayfield vs. 3A #9 Corbin at Lindsey Wilson College

3. Christian Academy - Louisville -- OPEN

4. Owensboro Catholic vs. #9 Butler County

5. Danville at Green County

6. Murray at 1A #4 Russellville

7. Newport Central Catholic vs. 6A Conner

8. Lloyd Memorial vs. 3A Garrard County

9. Butler County at #4 Owensboro Catholic

10. Monroe County vs. 6A North Hardin

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

DeSales keeps number one after losing to a strong Fern Creek. Does Mayfield have a strong argument for DeSales' spot? How high should Murray be? Who should move up after this week? Who will move down?

Honest question? Wasn't Mayfield above Desales prior to the 6A McCracken County OT loss? If so, why wouldn't Mayfield go back in front since Desales was held scoreless at a good Fern Creek club. Of course, I'm not a lose and hold your spot guy.

 

Concerning Murray, IMO they need to beat Russellville to move up.

Honest question? Wasn't Mayfield above Desales prior to the 6A McCracken County OT loss? If so, why wouldn't Mayfield go back in front since Desales was held scoreless at a good Fern Creek club. Of course, I'm not a lose and hold your spot guy.

 

Concerning Murray, IMO they need to beat Russellville to move up.

 

DeSales was #1 last week

DeSales was #1 last week

 

Yes sir, but that was the week Mayfield lost. Correct?

  • Author
Yes sir, but that was the week Mayfield lost. Correct?

I think we have to look at what is thought comparing McCracken County to Fern Creek. Who do you think is better? I'm going with Fern Creek. It's a debatable argument that we can't prove definitely.

I think we have to look at what is thought comparing McCracken County to Fern Creek. Who do you think is better? I'm going with Fern Creek. It's a debatable argument that we can't prove definitely.

 

I can't beat on you too hard for this as it's another splitting hairs debate. I think Desales vs Mayfield is destined to be that way until they potentially meet on the field.

Yes sir, but that was the week Mayfield lost. Correct?

 

Correct.. I mis-read your question.

 

It comes down to me personally that it is simply more than "lose and drop".

 

Mayfield and DeSales all season have literally been neck and neck in most people's eyes. Probably as close to a "tie" as possible even since the Pre-Season. Both teams have beat good teams...both have lost to quality teams..

 

Last week was the only week one team had a legitimate edge over the other. With DeSales losing it is back to a toss-up.

 

With that said, the Bright injury is the great divider right now. If Austin Johnson was lost for the next several weeks I think Mayfield would be the clear #1 , but when arguably the best offensive player in 2A is gone I think the tie-breaker edge goes to DeSales.

  • Author
I can't beat on you too hard for this as it's another splitting hairs debate. I think Desales vs Mayfield is destined to be that way until they potentially meet on the field.

I agree. Seeing McCracken County and Fern Creek play would be a dandy. As well as seeing Mayfield and DeSales play.

Correct.. I mis-read your question.

 

It comes down to me personally that it is simply more than "lose and drop".

 

Mayfield and DeSales all season have literally been neck and neck in most people's eyes. Probably as close to a "tie" as possible even since the Pre-Season. Both teams have beat good teams...both have lost to quality teams..

 

Last week was the only week one team had a legitimate edge over the other. With DeSales losing it is back to a toss-up.

 

With that said, the Bright injury is the great divider right now. If Austin Johnson was lost for the next several weeks I think Mayfield would be the clear #1 , but when arguably the best offensive player in 2A is gone I think the tie-breaker edge goes to DeSales.

I don't really disagree with anything you have here ATL with the possible exception of "RIGHT NOW", Mayfield got back on track with a 46-14 resounding win against a decent 5A Graves County, while Desales suffered their first loss of the season and didn't show particularly well against a good, maybe very good, may just ok 5A Fern Creek.

Mr. Bright didn't play in this game and they still rolled. Mr. Johnson competed for Desales, albeit slightly injured.

I guess I'm just trying to nudge my horse past yours.:thumb:

The thing about McCracken is that they play the type of game that is going to give Mayfield trouble.. They have a very good passing game and several bigger receivers to go up and get it.. Mayfield has very quick DBs that can go toe to toe with most receivers from a speed standpoint, but, they're also on the short side, so, those tall WRs can be troublesome, plus McCracken has a good enough OL to keep the pressure off the QB.. It also doesn't hurt that their QB is pretty shifty in his own right, so, he's not one to go all out on the blitz, because if he finds a crease, he can break off a big play with his legs. Mayfield typically does very well against primarily running teams because they have 4 really solid LBs that play sideline to sideline about as good as you can and they're all sure tacklers..

Nice to see Monroe did not fall off the list. They dropped the ball Friday night but are already looking to North Hardin Friday night. Good reading the debates on 1-2...I am glad I don't have to place them!

Another thing to point out is CAL's resume looks better and better each week.

 

They just pummeled a pretty solid team in North Oldham and have played up for two other wins. The most impressive thing about CAL though is their losses. Central is probably a Top 15-20 overall team in Kentucky (beat St. X) and CAL took them to the wire, Simon Kenton is possibly a Top 5 team and CAL was in that game into the 4th Quarter.

 

For all the the talk of McCracken County and Fern Creek... CAL's two losses were to teams who may very well be better than both McCracken County and Fern Creek.

 

CAL is a team who is quietly under the radar right now as Mayfield and DeSales fans debate amongst themselves.

Nice to see Monroe did not fall off the list. They dropped the ball Friday night but are already looking to North Hardin Friday night. Good reading the debates on 1-2...I am glad I don't have to place them!

 

Yes, but that was against a desperate 4A squad. Just keep focused and take care of your district. Go Falcons!

Nice to see Monroe did not fall off the list. They dropped the ball Friday night but are already looking to North Hardin Friday night. Good reading the debates on 1-2...I am glad I don't have to place them!

 

Monroe's teetering on the fringe though.

 

Franklin-Simpson wasn't a bad loss...but it wasn't a good loss either. North Hardin is in that exact same boat.

 

For Monroe to be taken seriously as a 2A threat they have to be able to beat these type of teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.