South Florida/Florida State Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do you think wins this game?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• South Florida
    • Florida State

New 4-5-2 "Bull Shark" defense looked great last Saturday night. They kept FAMU on their side of the 50 until a little over 4 minutes left in the third quarter. Then again, it was FAMU.

FSU will load up the box to keep Marlon Mack in check, and it will come down to whether Quinten Flowers and/or Steven Bench can complete passes. There is a little QB controversy going on down here between the 2. After a close competition, Willie Taggart named Flowers the starter, but pulled him with 12:30 in the third (23-0 Bulls) and put in Bench. Seemed a bit early to me, this was only Flower's second start. His only other one didn't go well. I thought CWT would get Quinten a little more seasoning before throwing him into the middle of a war dance.

Last Saturday stats (to make me feel good) ...

FSU 59 Texas State 16

USF 51 Florida A&M 3

FSU 636 total yards, 370 passing 266 rushing.

USF 556 total yards, 281 passing 275 rushing. (2 sacks for a loss of 47 yards included. Bad snaps. Total gross rushing yards, 336)

Yards allowed on defense.

FSU 300

USF 182

Golson 19/25 302 yards 4 TDs

Maguire 6/7 68 yards 1 TD

Cook 156 yards 2 TDs

Flowers 12/16 141 yards 2 TDs 1 INT

Bench 8/10 140 yards 1 TD

Mack 131 yards 1 TD

As pointed out above, the Bulls had center snap problems in the pistol. Hope they get that corrected.

The Noles open up at 27.5 point favorites. South Florida opened the season with a 51-3 win over FAMU. Do the Bulls have a legitimate shot to go into Tallahassee and pull off the upset?

Legitimate shot? No.

An illegitimate shot? Well, you know, accidents happen. :D

I'm afraid it ain't gonna be this game...

This time, I just hope we keep it respectaBull. :D

FSU lost four fumbles that game and Ponder was sacked five times. A miserable game in a miserable season to end a miserable decade for the Noles. Literally the only happy moment from that season was that they managed to send Bobby out with a win.

FSU lost four fumbles that game and Ponder was sacked five times. A miserable game in a miserable season to end a miserable decade for the Noles. Literally the only happy moment from that season was that they managed to send Bobby out with a win.

It was a great day for me as the Bulls ruined their white out. I was fortunate to be part of the green stain. :D

From what I understand USF sent back tickets this time, where they requested more in 2009. What a difference 6 years makes.

BhtC9.jpg

We're here. Had dinner at Up In Smoke out on E. Tennessee St. Decent BBQ.

We are gonna try and get out to the Civic Center by 7 to tailgate. Basically doing mimosas and snacks. The Waffle House is right next to our hotel, so we're going to get up early and do breakfast there.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, for what that's worth.

11:30 AM kickoff. I hate ESPN.