Newport Catholic @ Ryle Predictions

I would think that kind of schedule would make NCC on point and playing at a high level. To your other point, you have to play good teams in order to get better.

Are you serious? This schedule is a joke. Maybe if you're a Community Christian, Todd County Central, Southern, will this competition make you better.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of embarrassing when the best thing you can claim about your soccer team is the condition they are win. I can't recall the supporters of CCH, St X, Trinity, etc. say anything about we will win because we are in the best shape.

You know this is high school soccer, right?

This soccer forum, especially when certain schools are involved, is message board filled with adults bashing high school kids, living vicariously through them, and against them, so as to achieve a sense of fulfillment, and diminishing efforts and accomplishments of those in a fragile state. It's sad that moderators allow talk like this to continue...

This soccer forum, especially when certain schools are involved, is message board filled with adults bashing high school kids, living vicariously through them, and against them, so as to achieve a sense of fulfillment, and diminishing efforts and accomplishments of those in a fragile state. It's sad that moderators allow talk like this to continue...

Don't think this was any comment about the NCC Players or Coaches as much as it was a comment about a certain supporter......tschoen, it is only your 8th post so you probably haven't been privy to the past comments.....

I believe NCC is poised to take the top spot of having the most replies on BPG per thread. This would move Scott HS to the #2 slot with an impressive showing on BPG and on the field last year.

I would also like to give credit to Scott Eagle for the BPG contributions for last year. As this is a new year and some players have graduated, we have not heard from Scott Eagle thus far. At least we have the commentary from DBLYLLW to look forward to.

tschoen81---and all other posters,

Please use the "report post" feature if you ever see a questionable post that is against BGP Rules. It's the little triangle with the "!" in the bottom left corner.

Nobody else will know that you reported a post. The moderators will review the post and determine a course of action, if needed.

Thank you!

I think Ncc shuts ryle's offense down. You guys keep over looking how good Ncc is defensively. I don't think there are to many defenses as good as Ncc in nky. Jeff Martin has done a great job at getting them in shape and is playing the right players already, he has figured out who plays best where early in the season which will help his guys come tournament time. Look for Ncc to win the rest of their games and make a deep run into the state tournament.

All you guys do is mock me, FYI it doesn't bother me. Ncc has made a name for itself over the past few years, be jealous, hate us, mock us, we don't care. If you did what we have lately I'd be jealous too......

Signed: not living vicariously through my children

You're right your boys do play hard no dought but to say we're jealous is a bit funny. Barely winning over cooper 2-1 with the the aid of an own goal . Losing to Ryle 3-0, tying Brossart 3-3 with the aid of an own goal. That's 7 goals against "NKY's best defense " in 3 games and only 3 goals that they have actually scored themselves .

OK but a goal is a goal, and every team has bad games. We shut Ryle down for the most part. We gave them 3 goals that we normally do not allow. Not knocking Ryle by any means, they will probably win their district. But like I said earlier Ncc shut down ryle's offense for the majority of the game.

Hey dbllyellow, here's my take on you.....

You stated today that Ncc would shut down Ryle's offense.

You have no clue what's going on, you are not a supporter of Ncc but some kid or parent that is trying to get everyone hating new cath. How about you just stop posting negative things about people and other teams. If you are a supporter of New Cath then please stop!!!! You my friend are making a mockery of your self and this forum. You obviously know who I am and have a vendetta against me (the old coach). I can tell you that I wish you the best and that I hope the breds have a great year. Please take your hatred elsewhere

Signed: Your former coach

Besides Cooper what quality teams has Ncc beaten this year?

Nobody really. When you look at their schedule on the KHSAA website, their upcoming schedule looks fairly week. 4 games remaining with teams above 5 hundred (North Hardin, Conner and Holy Cross twice). HC's schedule has been weak and they beat Conner. So what does that really say about NCC's remaining schedule?

It has been said on here before, NCC's schedule is very, very weak. And this is NOT a bash on their players, last time I checked HS players were not in charge of scheduling their HS team's games. IMO this weak schedule will only hurt NCC come tournament time.

US MNT is not playing good teams such as Peru and Brazil in preparation for their huge Confederations Cup playoff match Vs Mexico for no reason…you play good teams to get better, to help you prepare for important up coming games.

HS teams should play as good or better opponents every chance they get to get better and to prepare for their regional tournament opponents. W-L-T records during the regular season should mean very little to the top 10 teams. Ask any top 10 team, any player what is more important, winning your regional tournament and advancing deep into the state tournament or having a good winning regular season record?