Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Black Lives Matter Movement

Featured Replies

Their tactics worked is all I am saying. I'm voting for Deez Nuts. I think all of the candidates from both sides are a joke.

 

And all I'm saying is that it's not hard to convince Sanders of something. He's weak IMO.

 

I honestly can't believe he's a legitimate candidate for the Dems. I think this is the worst group they've had in a long time.

 

I'll probably go the Monty Brewster route and vote for 'None of the Above'.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And all I'm saying is that it's not hard to convince Sanders of something. He's weak IMO.

 

I honestly can't believe he's a legitimate candidate for the Dems. I think this is the worst group they've had in a long time.

 

I'll probably go the Monty Brewster route and vote for 'None of the Above'.

 

I'm just happy that it is appropriate to capitalize Deez Nuts.

  • Author
Which folks have been interviewed?

 

I've probably seen 5 or 6 over the last month. Don't ask me names besides the two listed in this thread.

Not #BLM but the #NBPP chanting "Oink Oink, Bang Bang" while holding guns was sickening!

@deray: I, like many, am a part of the movement though I am not a member of the formal BLM organization known as the BLM network. [8]

  • Author
@deray: I, like many, am a part of the movement though I am not a member of the formal BLM organization known as the BLM network. [8]

 

I follow him on twitter. I like to be informed. I get his reasoning not to want to be labeled with any one group and he's been attacked in the last couple days by some black groups for not affiliating which seems silly.

 

But right or wrong since Ferguson the media has painted him as the face of BLM.

I follow him on twitter. I like to be informed. I get his reasoning not to want to be labeled with any one group and he's been attacked in the last couple days by some black groups for not affiliating which seems silly.

 

But right or wrong since Ferguson the media has painted him as the face of BLM.

 

It's more wrong than right with each passing day. Folks from the movement are turning on him left and right. I wouldn't be surprised to see him disassociate from it altogether before too long. He is scheduled to be a guest speaker at Yale and apparently some from the movement are frowning on that and his growing celebrity.

  • Author
It's more wrong than right with each passing day. Folks from the movement are turning on him left and right. I wouldn't be surprised to see him disassociate from it altogether before too long. He is scheduled to be a guest speaker at Yale and apparently some from the movement are frowning on that and his growing celebrity.

 

I don't get the Yale thing. I'm sure he has good intentions. But I would think there are much more qualified black people to give a 2 day course at Yale.

 

So do you think he should affiliate ?

I don't get the Yale thing. I'm sure he has good intentions. But I would think there are much more qualified black people to give a 2 day course at Yale.

 

So do you think he should affiliate ?

 

I'll leave it up to Yale to decide if he is qualified. They know more than I do. What is the course on or is he just speaking to students?

  • Author
I'll leave it up to Yale to decide if he is qualified. They know more than I do. What is the course on or is he just speaking to students?

 

I think sometimes Universities try to hard to seem relevant. But I believe it's centered around the principles of BLM movement. So part of the anger from the groups is he won't claim a group but wants to speak for them.

I think the problem with your thinking is that there is no organization that can do what you ask. This is hashtag activism. It's not like it's the NAACP. There is no structure. It's goal is to bring light to deaths of blacks at the hands of officers that they feel are unjustified. They hope to get enough people talking/complaining/re-tweeting that the public pressure takes over. There isn't going to be a meeting with a candidate and "leadership."

Looks like #BLM is more organized than originally thought, they even proclaim to have local chapters...which some thought there weren't any of.

 

Black Lives Matter | Not a Moment, a Movement

Our new website will include comprehensive information about who our organization is and what we do. Users will be able to search for local chapters, lend your voice to our national platform, find resources, writings, media, and more. We look forward to hearing your voice about the work of the #BlackLivesMatter Organized Network.
I'm just happy that it is appropriate to capitalize Deez Nuts.

 

You have an obsession lol :) J/K

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.