Black Lives Matter Movement

LIPTON BASH

I've hesitated to post this but after what happened at the Minnesota fair this weekend I think it needs to be addressed.

The entire protest was chanting " Pigs in a blanket , fry them like Bacon". Keep in mind the murderer who killed two NYC cops earlier this year posted on Social media that he was " About to put pigs in a blanket" , right before he shot them.

I understand a lot of this anger may be justified , sometimes it isn't . But the leaders of this movement need to take a look in the mirror and make sure the proper message is being put forth. If a majority of Americans think the face of the movement is calling for the murder of cops then they will lose all credibility.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does an informal movement control what others say ? To me BLM is a movement without an organization.

They had National leaders of the movement on CNN and Fox yesterday and not a single one would disagree with the sentiment of the chants and didn't think it was a big deal to chant those words.

You can't control what everyone says but the leaders should have the common sense to rebuke such vitrol when on National tv.

They had National leaders of the movement on CNN and Fox yesterday and not a single one would disagree with the sentiment of the chants and didn't think it was a big deal to chant those words.

You can't control what everyone says but the leaders should have the common sense to rebuke such vitrol when on National tv.

Rashad Turner is a local organizer in Minneapolis.

Who do you want the press to go to in order to get an official statement from the BLM movement?

Your Teap Party example is appropriate here.

Rashad Turner is a local organizer in Minneapolis.

Who do you want the press to go to in order to get an official statement from the BLM movement?

Your Teap Party example is appropriate here.

I think Deray Jackson has become a figure head for the movement. He also wouldn't rebuke the chant.

Again if you want to be taken serious and help with serious change then the current actions of the movement I would suggest isn't helping the cause.

This is poor journalism. Just because he puts #blacklivesmatter in a hashtag doesn't make him a true member or a supporter. People automatically assume that everyone who says "black lives matter" is a part of the movement. The true Black Lives Matter movement preaches non-violence. Some in the media want to distort that message and label them a domestic terrorist group and that is reckless. It does silence their true intent and IMO that is what the media is trying to do.

See Shaun King.