Black Lives Matter Movement

LIPTON BASH

I'd like to see them separate themselves from the crazy radicals. Otherwise their message is muted.

....or magnified with the wrong focus which may be worse. Couldn't agree more that they need to distance themselves publicly. It becomes a credibility issue at this point.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll pardon them for not completely believing that they can be friendly with legislators and police. Right or wrong, generalizing or not, they cast a jaundiced eye towards "the system."

I get the lack of trust towards the system. Hence my handle name. But there has to be a realization the only way to change the system is within in it.

I know I'm a Rand Paul fan boy. But let's not forget to politicians were working together on legislation that helps the goals of the BLM movement long before they became mainstream. Rand Paul and Corey Booker.

I know generations have been trained that all Republicans are evil. But why not reach out to the one presidential candidate who was speaking on these issues you are protesting before your movement started.

My main point is that they aren't a domestic terrorist group that people are making the out to be. They aren't gangsters or thugs. They are scholarly people fed up with the system trying to affect change. Are there some crazies? Absolutely. There are crazies associated with all parties and groups. Hopefully their message will be heard in a way that can affect change. It's already worked on Bernie Sanders and the other democrats running for POTUS.

Like I said I believe the core started with legit complaints and ideas to a degree . But over the last month I feel they have lost some credibility because of multiple incidents of a few and the lack of the movement it self from calling those radicals out.

CNN , MSNBC, and Fox have given multiple BLM leaders platforms to do so. But no matter the action they grew with it.

Like I said I believe the core started with legit complaints and ideas to a degree . But over the last month I feel they have lost some credibility because of multiple incidents of a few and the lack of the movement it self from calling those radicals out.

CNN , MSNBC, and Fox have given multiple BLM leaders platforms to do so. But no matter the action they grew with it.

I think the problem with your thinking is that there is no organization that can do what you ask. This is hashtag activism. It's not like it's the NAACP. There is no structure. It's goal is to bring light to deaths of blacks at the hands of officers that they feel are unjustified. They hope to get enough people talking/complaining/re-tweeting that the public pressure takes over. There isn't going to be a meeting with a candidate and "leadership."

I'd love to know why they have taken the silence route instead of separating themselves from them. At the same time simply not acknowledging the crazies doesn't make them supporters of violence against police officers. It would go a long way towards peace and credibility though.

I'd love to know why they have taken the silence route instead of separating themselves from them. At the same time simply not acknowledging the crazies doesn't make them supporters of violence against police men. It would go a long way towards peace and credibility though.

They're afraid. They're individuals who are afraid to suffer the wrath of SOME who will say they are selling out. They're human.

I think the problem with your thinking is that there is no organization that can do what you ask. This is hashtag activism. It's not like it's the NAACP. There is no structure. It's goal is to bring light to deaths of blacks at the hands of officers that they feel are unjustified. They hope to get enough people talking/complaining/re-tweeting that the public pressure takes over. There isn't going to be a meeting with a candidate and "leadership."

PP92 is getting what I'm saying. It's about credibility in the eyes of the masses.

Whether it's organized or not there are a select few the media has propped up s leaders as well as leaders many look to on twitter for guidance.

If I were on National platform and wanted to promote my activism or movement I would want to make sure to define what the principles are and rebuke those not associated with the movement.

Call it fair or unfair but when you have a mocement looking for change you need to win the hearts and minds of the masses.

PP92 is getting what I'm saying. It's about credibility in the eyes of the masses.

Whether it's organized or not there are a select few the media has propped up s leaders as well as leaders many look to on twitter for guidance.

If I were on National platform and wanted to promote my activism or movement I would want to make sure to define what the principles are and rebuke those not associated with the movement.

Call it fair or unfair but when you have a mocement looking for change you need to win the hearts and minds of the masses.

Which folks have been interviewed?

My main point is that they aren't a domestic terrorist group that people are making the out to be. They aren't gangsters or thugs. They are scholarly people fed up with the system trying to affect change. Are there some crazies? Absolutely. There are crazies associated with all parties and groups. Hopefully their message will be heard in a way that can affect change. It's already worked on Bernie Sanders and the other democrats running for POTUS.

Bernie Sanders is a joke. He is just doing/saying whatever it takes to get some extra voters on his side, like any other politician. Difference is, anyone can apparently just take over his speech and he will just back off and let them do their thing.

I'd vote for Hillary before I'd vote for him...and I'm by no means a Hillary supporter.

Bernie Sanders is a joke. He is just doing/saying whatever it takes to get some extra voters on his side, like any other politician. Difference is, anyone can apparently just take over his speech and he will just back off and let them do their thing.

I'd vote for Hillary before I'd vote for him...and I'm by no means a Hillary supporter.

Their tactics worked is all I am saying. I'm voting for Deez Nuts. I think all of the candidates from both sides are a joke.