5A #5 Anderson County vs. 4A Mercer County Predictions

Ram

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Anderson County
    • Mercer County

Anderson County comes in this game undefeated. Mercer County comes in winless. Will Mercer be able to notch their first win of the season? Will Anderson County be able to stay in the winning column?

Anderson has looked shaky to start to start the season, but Mercer looks like Buchanan has his work cut out for him over the next couple seasons to rebuild this program.

Mercer will be fine this year. They'll win their district if they stay healthy. It's easy to look at their 0-2 record and dismiss them but these first 4 games are a brutal stretch for a team with a new head coach. I expect Mercer to win their district. By the time they get to district play this team will be a very solid team. They have played two 6A teams to start the season and both teams have over 75 players. Mercer has 32 players. When they get to playing teams that are on their level you'll see the improvement.

I don't know what the hell Pardue was thinking when he made this schedule. No wonder he left like a thief in the night.

It seems like Mercer has played a competitive first half in each of their first two games. Then, things seem to unravel in the third quarter. I hope Coach Buchanan can keep the morale of his team up through this ridiculously tough stretch of pre-district games. If they players will stay on board (and I think they will), Mercer can make some noise in the district.

Anderson may not be as strong this year as in the past, but I think Mercer will limp in and limp out. Kinda like a wondering pup. Something just is not clicking at Mercer. I agree with earlier post you would think that more guys would be out with a new face and one that was highly praised. The problem with district 5ime even though it is a weak district, is that by that time you may have no momentum and everybody else cones in thinking they can beat you. Finally they have got to get better at tackling.

Anderson 35

Mercer. 14