Bowling Green 55 Christian County 14

Just got home from game. Purples looked good. Carruthers is a really good high school running back that will be playing on Saturdays in 2 years. I say, same with Clark Payne, BG QB. The kid can just play. Very heady. Great pocket awareness. Very accurate with minimal mistakes. Will only get better!

I called the running clock. CC had some nice looking athletes but BG simply dominated.

The X game next week will be a good one. I know it will be a hard fought game but X better be ready to tackle some athletes in the open field. I am assuming the atmosphere next Friday night will be hopping. Always a fun game with die hard fans.

Christian played an absolute dud of a game. Got dominated in every portion of the game. Looked liked County played lots of kids tonight that just weren't ready instead of primarily playing starters. Maybe in the long run it will pay off? CC was not aggressive in any portion of the game. Honestly, I left a little confused by Lovelace's strategy other then I know he looks at all non district games as tune ups for district and post season. So, hopefully it will pay off. With that said, this is definitely not the Bowling Green of the past (yet). Past BG teams would have had running clocks early in the third quarter if not sooner. They definitely have some nice players, but didn't seem as complete as previous teams.

Would it surprise you if they win the next two games, Mac? Maybe just a little?

St X? The X game is a toss up. If it were Trinity, yes, a BG win would be a surprise. X is trying the get back the glory they frittered away somehow.

Owensboro? At Pop's Stadium? No surprise. They better win. ;)

As far as regular season, I'm pretty sure only X, Red Devils and Central Hardin will not get emarrased by the Purples. Of course, anything can happen. Possible but not probable. If Purples beat X by 2 TDs, I'm calling for a run at perfection this year. Next year, lights out!

Looks like Christian still having same defensive issues it had last year. I am surprised they were held to 2 scores. Says a lot about the Purples defense, imo. CC better get the D straightened out or they won't go very far in the playoffs. I chalk up the offensive woes to a strong D. I think CC will be okay there.