Cooper 26 Newport Central Catholic 0 (Frosh)

BigTuna6

Wow, I coached him in the FTJRFL his 4th grade yr and he was a very good QB, a lefty.

Hope he has a great basketball season, great kid.

He is also a very good baseball player, and I guess he decided he needed a break from one of the three sports and football was it.

Clearly NCC was short handed with Kyle Kelly not playing and just by pure numbers but lost a lot of respect for Cooper coach. The game was clearly over early but had his first team in there late in the game. I hope the head coach caught wind of this who is a former NCC grad, not classy at all.

Clearly NCC was short handed with Kyle Kelly not playing and just by pure numbers but lost a lot of respect for Cooper coach. The game was clearly over early but had his first team in there late in the game. I hope the head coach caught wind of this who is a former NCC grad, not classy at all.

I was not there so don't know for sure, but if it was like the freshman team last year there likely isn't a 2nd unit to put in. Last year they would substitute different positions where there was depth, but often skill positions were 1-2 deep max. Maybe not the best way to handle it but with the limited numbers it was how they chose to play.