Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henderson County Football

Featured Replies

I'm not here to bash the kids or coaches of Henderson County but I have to get this off my chest. The past year and 1 game has been very disappointing to me. Even going back to the loss to Meade County two years ago, there has been something different about Colonel football. I played at Henderson County and as I was walking out of the Reitz bowl I could help but wonder what has happened to Colonel football. I understand the loss to Trinity last year but the way the kids have played the past year or two isn't Colonel football. Henderson isn't Trinity, Highlands etc but it could/ should be. I use to roll me eyes and make excuses when people would bring up the whole biggest school in state but now I realize we should be dominant especially our district. I now everybody has down years but getting embarrassed like we did Friday night really upsets me and I hope it does the kids and coaching staff too. I don't know what it is but I sure hope Coach Lewis and company can turn things around and bring pride back to Henderson County Colonel football. Sorry for the long post and like I said it's not to bash anybody. GO COLONELS.

Still trying to recover from the Duffy era

Pick Six, can you tell us what is holding Henderson back? I get what you are saying about the size, and I have been one of those people that they should do much better with the size of the school.

Henderson should have never let Josh Boston get away they had a homegrown guy who had been loyal to the program. He also came from successful coaching staffs at Henderson under Duffy and Clevenger! Great program and great people good luck Colonels

  • Author

Ram- the number one thing is the lack of knowledge is the youth league. Coaches are more worried about wins than they are teaching the fundamentals. Not all but most of the coaches. I know of atleast 3 programs in the Evansville area that has youth league coaching clinics put on by the HS that league feeds into. I know HS coaches don't have alotnof free time but this is something that has helped those programs become very successful.

 

Scribe- The Duffys might be the best thing to happen to HCHS football. Took the program to numerous regional championship games and won 3. Coach Clevenger even went to a couple of Regional Championship games. I do think the tragedy that happened Duffers last year might be a problem.

  • Author
Henderson should have never let Josh Boston get away they had a homegrown guy who had been loyal to the program. He also came from successful coaching staffs at Henderson under Duffy and Clevenger! Great program and great people good luck Colonels

 

 

I agree.

  • Author

Also I'm not knocking Coach Lewis. He has obviously had success everywhere he's been. I hope he takes pride( and I'm sure he does) in the program.

Pick 6, any chance Mr Boston comes back home? Do u think the players dont play hard or is it more of an X and O thing? I know they play a challenging schedule this year for a 6A team in the west.

  • Author

Purple88- Yes I think that if he does well at Union County (which I think he will) and Coach Lewis ever leaves, I think he would apply and the committee should hire him. He coached under two great coaches ( Duffer and Clay) and played for Coach Duffy. He knows his stuff. I think its a little of both. Like i said the youth league coaches don't help the X's and O's and I think that kind of leads to not playing hard if that makes since. Schedule is kind of brutal. I knew Reitz was going to be good but i had no idea they were going to be that good.Scary thing us Gibson Southern is going to be just as good or even better when they roll into Colonel Stadium in a few weeks. Hopefully the boys and get healthy and can have a better outcome not only in that game but the rest of the season.

Edited by Pick Six
spelling error

Guys I'm a big cols fan and don't like going down62-14. But when you play 8 soph 2 freshman vs all seniors and juniors who all most won a state title plus we had 4 seniors playing thier first game since 7 th or 8 th grade it's going to happen. We will be ok look for a lot of improvement this week!!

Henderson should never get beat like that whether it's Reitz or not. Just as we know the sun will rise in the morning we all know that high school athletics are cyclical - especially in this area of the state.

 

With that said don't put too much stock in this first loss. I'm sure there was some alterior motives for this score. Former head coach, egos, first game kinks etc. Henderson is a good enough program and Lewis is a good enough coach were this won't be the regular this season - I'd bet on that!

Henderson will go with their freshman quarterback Friday in hopes of getting some offence going. I'm not sure what that says to the team to make the change from their senior after one game. As far as winning, with the exception of McCracken in their district, will finish no worse than 2nd. Might not be as easy as it looks because all district games on the road except Ohio County but feel 2nd is the worse. Boston probably should have been hired but connection to the Duffy's and the death hurt him. If Lewis was to leave, Boston would apply. He has a tough job at Union with the move back to 3a. Union does not have an abundance of athletes. Rumor that his quarterback is out for the opener due to an illness and he is one of the best athletes. Henderson's season will be interesting, already some buzz after that massacre last week.

Smart move going with the freshman who is a qb. No offense to the senior he just isn't a qb. He started a game vs Paducah Tillman and got beat 21-6 he didn't complete a pass in that game. The Skip will have some up and downs but by the time we get to the district games he will be ready to go.

Don't feel too bad Henderson fans. Y'all have beat OHS 5 years in a row.

Henderson will go with their freshman quarterback Friday in hopes of getting some offence going. I'm not sure what that says to the team to make the change from their senior after one game. As far as winning, with the exception of McCracken in their district, will finish no worse than 2nd. Might not be as easy as it looks because all district games on the road except Ohio County but feel 2nd is the worse. Boston probably should have been hired but connection to the Duffy's and the death hurt him. If Lewis was to leave, Boston would apply. He has a tough job at Union with the move back to 3a. Union does not have an abundance of athletes. Rumor that his quarterback is out for the opener due to an illness and he is one of the best athletes. Henderson's season will be interesting, already some buzz after that massacre last week.
Great info Emmitt! I think 2nd in the district with a young team and compete in your playoff games is going on the right track. Right?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.