Centre defensive line coach tased at practice to 'boost morale'

stewjt

How so? Its not like he just went down to a pawnshop, bought a taser, and tased himself. He was being monitored by paramedics, was tested prior to ensure he was healthy enough and administered a taser shock by a professional. I seem to recall seeing numerous videos of people getting tazed in police certification classes. Is it a bit odd? Of course. But also understand that this coach went to Centre not long ago, holds a great relationship with the majority of the players and is seen around campus as "one of the guys." Like I said, its unconventional, but I can dig it. FYC.

How so? Its not like he just went down to a pawnshop, bought a taser, and tased himself. He was being monitored by paramedics, was tested prior to ensure he was healthy enough and administered a taser shock by a professional. I seem to recall seeing numerous videos of people getting tazed in police certification classes. Is it a bit odd? Of course. But also understand that this coach went to Centre not long ago, holds a great relationship with the majority of the players and is seen around campus as "one of the guys." Like I said, its unconventional, but I can dig it. FYC.

Healthy people drop dead every day. Why take that chance when there are so many other ways to get your kids motivated. He might as well pick up a pistol and play Russian Roulette.

Between 2001 and 2012, 500 people had died following a taser shock, according to Amnesty international. Of those 500 deaths, only a few dozen were distinctively ruled to be a direct result of the taser shock. Your claim that healthy people "drop dead every day," and that he "might as well picked up a pistol and play(ed) Russian Roulette," is just factually wrong and nothing more than a sensationalized exaggeration.

Sorry, maybe I am a little worked up over this. Being very close to the situation, it is just bothersome to see Centre get negative light about something as insignificant as this. The Coach volunteered to do this, actually it was his idea, so who are we or anyone outside of the football team/ administration to tell him other wise. I hate the state of our society then enables to PC Police/ media to dictate our actions.

I just said I thought it was a stupid idea. I'm not writing letters or calling for his dismissal or anything. Just stating my opinion. I totally agree that the PC police have gone too far in society.

You know you called the Centre president to complain :lol2:

And a little behind the scenes info: During camp, Centre often does little events called "morale boosters." These range from going to a movie,(which no one wants to do at 9 o'clock at night during camp) to going to a high school game on Friday night. One of the years I was there the defense got taken to one of the coaches farm and we had a shooting competition.

While these might seem insignificant, they do a lot in taking your mind off of the daily grind of summer camp, if not only for a short time.

What the heck, a little shock for the sake of the kids is well worth it! Centre does have an outstanding program, if I was a player for them I would be "Fired Up" if my coach elected to do this, I agree its risky, but what the hay, no risk, no reward.