If John Hardin were to lose the next 2-4 games....

DragonFire

John Hardin's next 4 are:

@ North Hardin 6A - (beat Mercer Co last week)

vs Warren Central 4A (lost to Owensboro last week)

@ Louisville PRP 6A (beat Lou Valley last week)

vs Central Hardin 6A (lost to Boyle Co last week)

Honestly at this point I could see them losing all these.

As far as would it dimish South Warren's win, yes some. South would lose some of their "schedule win leverage" if JHardin goes down.

I think it is more an indictment on how the John Hardin coaches have allowed this program to spiral out of control. John Hardin is undisciplined, turns the ball over at an alarming rate ,is penalty prone at the most inopportuune times, have created an atmosphere where players fear no-one and break rules without regard for the consequences.

That is my rant on John Hardin. I have supported them for many years, but this team attitude is getting old.

These kids at john hardin think they are entitled to something just because of the name on their jerseys. They don't understand how much hardwork was put in by the previous classes that built the foundation for success that John hardin has had. As a former player I am outraged by the lack of discipline and respect for the game that has been shown by these players. I hope they get back to the old John hardin way by talking with their pads and playing fundamental football

The game was over after the scoop and score and the safety. You could see the sails furl. They had a moment or two in the game but nothing sustained.

I wonder if the first quarter suspensions had an adverse effect psychologically. The Bulldogs certainly seemed on theirs heels from the beginning.

These kids at john hardin think they are entitled to something just because of the name on their jerseys. They don't understand how much hardwork was put in by the previous classes that built the foundation for success that John hardin has had. As a former player I am outraged by the lack of discipline and respect for the game that has been shown by these players. I hope they get back to the old John hardin way by talking with their pads and playing fundamental football
Welcome to BGP football64! I was at the game on Saturday and that wasn't the John Hardin I was used to seeing. Having watched many battles between BG and JH, I respect the JH program and hope they can get the ship going in the right direction.

DF,

I don't know if it would diminish the win that much. Sure it would some, but during the next 4 weeks South and John Hardin would have played 2 common opponents in Central and North Hardin as well and depending on how those games turn out would give a reason to diminish or not diminish the win against John Hardin.

Maybe I'm just way off in my thinking here, but it would seem to me that a HC making the decision to dismiss a player, and sitting some very key starters a quarter for violation of team rules shows a good deal of order being put in place.

Again, maybe that's just me...

The problem is that this isnt the first incident this year that has caused the team to lose players for part of a game or have a player suspended. Last year there were similar incidents with John that caused disruption. When is enough, enough?

A lot of people asking the same questions about major D1 programs w/ coaches who are making 7 figure salaries. Unfortunately, kids do stupid things. I'm just glad to see that there seems to be some sort of accountablity. If there wasn't any kind of accountability, then I could understand, but it seems to me as though Coach Lewis has drawn some very clear lines in the sand; cross them and you get punished.

I think there is much a do about nothing to be quite honest. And, as others have said on here; it wasn't all bad..there were actually quite a few bright spots in the game.

I lost track of the number of times it seemed that JH had SW in 4th down situations. Some the made stops (early and late), and others they didn't.

Things were really close to getting interesting late in the 3rd quarter/start of the 4th when JH got inside the 5 with a chance to score and make things 30-20. Do they make the comeback? Doubt it. I never would have guessed them to come back and almost beat BG a couple years back, either when down 20 or so.

I saw South Warren play in person a couple of times last year and they were grown men then and now a year older, while also better.

It's easy to sit and point out negatives, and speculate on those. Real easy. Our society these days is distinguished in that arena and I'm as guilty as the next man. But, if we are going to speculate on the negatives, I'm also going to do it with the positives.

Bottom line from where I see things are these:

- South Warren is a 1st class ball club. They are and were the better team. Let's not get things 'twisted' as its said.

-John had some bright spot after getting down 16-0 (several I thought) when they could have asked where the bus was to head back.

-They came out the 3rd quarter and looked awfully good. Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Squads that go in at the half down 24 don't come out looking like they did in the 3rd usually aren't a result of finger pointing, sulking and zero maturity/discipline (I'd be willing to bet that if you dug enough, you'd find that it was completely opposite of those things in the locker room. That's my guess anyway).

I just remember a few weeks from this time last year, when John was 2-6 and all sorts of grumblings were going on like there seems to be now, and the unthinkable happened a couple times already (with surprising playoff wins) and an even bigger one just about happened getting to the Semis. Safe to say when they started off 1-5, 2-6 that the thought of being in the Semis was laughable?

They could be around .500 or so again at the end of the season from the looks of their schedule.

A butt kicking to a very good South Warren team shouldn't be cause for concern. No need to hit the panic button just yet. It reminded me a lot of the Central Hardin game last year (well, not that bad) & I never would have guessed then, that they'd finish the year where and how they did.

Edited by Harry Doyle

Yes. AP Had them preseason #1 I believe followed by Johnson Central and SW. This site had them #2 followed by SW with JC at #1 .

Which mind boggled me from the get go. Talking about two teams last year in SW and JC that had two losses combined between them and not only returned the farm, but seniors out the wah-zoo.