Cooper vs Newport Central Catholic game location change to Cooper

I believe NewCath has used Newport's Stadium for about 45 years for their home games. So I imagine that is "whatever stadium" that would have been the site for this game. I wonder if the new turf is not ready for play just yet.

For you "youngsters" it has been 70 years, since the inception of the program.

I believe NewCath has used Newport's Stadium for about 45 years for their home games. So I imagine that is "whatever stadium" that would have been the site for this game. I wonder if the new turf is not ready for play just yet.

The new turf has been down for over two weeks now, but i'm not sure if the track around the field is complete. :idunno:

However, I was told last week at the NewCath/Holmes scrimmage it wouldn't be ready for the Cooper@NewCath game.

The game was moved because the track is not yet complete at Newport. We were aware of this issue a month or so ago and asked Scott if it could be played there. It's never good to lose a home game, but Scott is being very understanding.

The move had nothing to do with Newport wanting to play there first or with the past lawsuit.