KHSAA contact emails for questions regarding eligibility

Guest GARY LAWRENCE

I would appreciate any help with this. I have a few questions regarding eligibility of players.

What are your questions? They're probably ones we've had before and might be able to steer you in the right direction.

I had a question regarding eligibility as well. Can you move during season if your son has not played a varsity game and not sit out that season or the next?

Yes. Transfer rules only come into play after the child has played a varsity sport.

I had a question regarding eligibility as well. Can you move during season if your son has not played a varsity game and not sit out that season or the next?
Free agent, but still has to go through the paperwork from the accepting school, to the transferring school, then back to the accepting school filled out, then off to the KHSAA. And then you still are under bylaw 6. Edited by spindoc

Free agent, but still has to go through the paperwork from the accepting school, to the transferring school, then back to the sending school filled out, then off to the KHSAA. And then you still are under bylaw 6.

How would 6 come in if the kid has never played varsity?

There's a little snippet in 6 about changing residence prior to enrollment.

That doesn't mean he'd be ineligible. And at that point it would be a matter of district requirements. In a county with open enrollment, there'd be no issue at all.