Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does abortion lower the crime rate...

Featured Replies

It does follow along Gladwell's claims a few years back as Clyde stated earlier. These studies and observations are purely statistical. The stats are clear, the reasons are multi-faceted.

 

Poverty being one of many variables.

Entertaining explanation in Freakonomics easily found on YouTube.

  • Author
Entertaining explanation in Freakonomics easily found on YouTube.

I think that was quoted on Orange is the New Black in an episode.

I have struggled with the pro life issue for years. What I truly do not understand is that birth control is so easy to get and can be free. Why are there so many unwanted pregnancies?

 

Someone recently suggested that the government should offer women and men $1000.00 to be sterilized. Sounds crazy, but I bet it would save a ton of money in the long run, and maybe decrease the crime rate.

  • Author
I have struggled with the pro life issue for years. What I truly do not understand is that birth control is so easy to get and can be free. Why are there so many unwanted pregnancies?

 

Someone recently suggested that the government should offer women and men $1000.00 to be sterilized. Sounds crazy, but I bet it would save a ton of money in the long run, and maybe decrease the crime rate.

Excellent Question...you can walk into any health dept and walk out with birth control of some sort, condoms are stolen by the thousands each and every day from stores and pharmacies across the country and they are relatively inexpensive.

Didn't read the link yet but this is the argument put forth by Malcolm Gladwell. Scholars have poo poo'd it for lack of scientific method if I recall.
I thought this was first postulated by Levitt in Freakonomics?
Didn't read the link yet but this is the argument put forth by Malcolm Gladwell. Scholars have poo poo'd it for lack of scientific method if I recall.

 

There are also those on the anti-abortion side of things who have posed the argument that abortion has slowed the rate at which diseases may be cured. I've never seen that statement met with anything but absolute disregard by those in the world at large, but when you think about the fact that in the US alone, there have been 54.5 million lives legally ended before they were even born, you can't help but wonder if there may not have been a genius medical researcher or ten in that group.

 

Then you can start adding in the estimated 13 million aborted babies in China each year; 300,000 in Japan each year; 6.4 million in Africa each year, and the fact that nearly 1/3 of all pregnancies in western Europe are ended in abortion annually, and I say that argument has some legs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.