NKY MLB Players

Clyde

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a list of Covington Catholic graduates that got drafted. To my knowledge, none of these players ever made it to the major leagues. I know Muck never played professionally, but can't speak to all the rest.

Covington Catholic HS Baseball Players | Baseball-Reference.com

1. Todd Etler - Blew out his arm before he made the show

3. Tim Grogan - Did not make it past low A with the Mets

5. Zach Isler - Yet to be determined

6. Luke Maile - Yet to be determined

The notes of the ones I know about are posted above.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeoff Long went to Lloyd Memorial High School. Played for the St. Louis Cardinals, when Roger Maris played in the Sixties. Also, Joel McKeon left handed pitcher left Tichenor Middle School in 6th grade, moved to FLorida and later played at Florida State and played for Chicago White Sox in 80's.(back when they wore the Shorts, he was on that team)

• 3 months later...

I know this is supposed to be time limited post Luebbers, but really, how many MLBs have come out of NKY EVER? Going all the way back to the 40s, I don't think there were many from Holmes (The biggest high school in NKY for much of that time) ... Bob Barton and Leo Foster the only two off the top of my head. Others?

I know this is supposed to be time limited post Luebbers, but really, how many MLBs have come out of NKY EVER? Going all the way back to the 40s, I don't think there were many from Holmes (The biggest high school in NKY for much of that time) ... Bob Barton and Leo Foster the only two off the top of my head. Others?

Geoff Long - Lloyd