Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 3 Boyd County 1

Featured Replies

Rams get a strong pitching performance from Scoot Grizzle to get the win. Grizzle struck out 7 and allowed only 3 hits. Tyler Gatrell gets the loss for Boyd. Rams get 3 runs in the 4th and only allowed 1 unearned run to Boyd in the 7th off of Morris. Rams improve to 21-8. Matt Phillips led Raceland with 2 hits. :dancingpa

  • Replies 42
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I was saying OldRambler, the first guy I'd take is that big tall guy in the dugout

Woody Jr

My goodness, what is wrong with this team? The offense has been a non-factor the past few games and the players seem to be not meshing right...

 

I just hope they don't play like this in district's. :scared:

My goodness, what is wrong with this team? The offense has been a non-factor the past few games and the players seem to be not meshing right...

 

I just hope they don't play like this in district's. :scared:

 

Good Question Bleed! I hope district goes better!

Is this for real ? Looks like the Rams are playing some serious baseball. Good win for the Ramblers. Peaking just at the right time for district play. :fire: :fire: :fire:

A single A team putting it on the big County team. Surely the baseball team at the County is not going to self destruct like the football team did ?

As I was saying OldRambler, the first guy I'd take is that big tall guy in the dugout

Woody Jr

From the improvement in the Rams pitching staff he certainly is a plus to the program.:thumb:If I am not mistaken I believe that at one time this season they had a string of some thing like 6 consecutive shutouts and 7 out of 8 were shutouts by the Rams pitching staff.

My goodness, what is wrong with this team? The offense has been a non-factor the past few games and the players seem to be not meshing right...

 

I just hope they don't play like this in district's. :scared:

Raceland is 21 and 8, could it be that they just got beat by a better baseball team? This group at Raceland is basically the same group that had won a couple of state championships in youth (aabc) ball. I know that they won one and think that I heard that they won a second one a couple of years later, not sure. the year they did win the state they finished (I think) 6th in the nation in winning a couple of games in Atlanta that year. They have been taught fundamentals of the game from day one.

My goodness, what is wrong with this team? The offense has been a non-factor the past few games and the players seem to be not meshing right...

 

I just hope they don't play like this in district's. :scared:

Dont look for this trend to change. This team has super pitching and defense but they only have 2 or 3 kids on the team that are going to hit somebodys number 1 or 2 pitcher. This has been proven from the last couple of post seasons. Now that everyone are starting to show their better pitchers your hitters and pretenders are going to surface. And with the lineup they have now they are so spread out up and down the lineup it only makes things worse. One of their better hitters got his first at bat in the 3rd inning against raceland and had 1 of the 2 clean hits off Grizzle. If they dont bunch these better hitters so they cannot be pitched around and play some small ball with the rest its going to put a lot of pressure on the pitching to be perfect.

Raceland is 21 and 8, could it be that they just got beat by a better baseball team? This group at Raceland is basically the same group that had won a couple of state championships in youth (aabc) ball. I know that they won one and think that I heard that they won a second one a couple of years later, not sure. the year they did win the state they finished (I think) 6th in the nation in winning a couple of games in Atlanta that year. They have been taught fundamentals of the game from day one.

Dont know about the better team part you could very well be right, but i do know for sure Boyd Co. won back to back AABC state championships with kids that are juniors and seniors. on this current team.

This goes back to what we were saying in other posts about how fast kids can change and improve in playing ball. Seems like Racelands kids have been eating their wheaties!

This goes back to what we were saying in other posts about how fast kids can change and improve in playing ball. Seems like Racelands kids have been eating their wheaties!

Looks like that they have, I was just informed via pm from someone that would know that I was right about the Raceland youth state title teams. One of them had a girl on it that is now a 6yr. starter for the Lady Rams softball team. Was also informed that they (Raceland youth) had beaten BC on it's way to the title. I remember watching the kids in some of those years, both Raceland and BC were VERY good. I am just hoping with still cautious optimism though, I know that I have seen a few years in the past that Raceland had a very good team, almost dominating the regular season only to lose in the first game of the district. Baseball imo is a sport more than any other where you just never know, walks, a few errors here and there and you are beat.

The girl off of that team was Paige Porter, her and two others from that team are the only ones that are not playing varsity ball today. Paige is now playing varsity softball for the Lady Rams, one graduated and another(Chris Lacks) decided to concentrate on football and getting bigger and more conditioned to complete a dream of playing at the next level. I think that worked out, he signed for football with Campbellsville University a while ago and will also be on their track team.

Which Raceland teams were "almost" dominating and lost in the first round of the districts?:confused: Most Ram teams go further than expected and I think Vanderhoof has 1 regional title and 2 other appearances in the finals during his tenure.I would guess that Raceland has as many regional appearances as Russell, Greenup, or Fairview during the Vanderhoof years.:sssh:

This game just goes to show even more of how Boyd Co has struggled this season against quality pitchers. We have the pitchers to beat anyone in the state, but if our hitting doesn't start producing, then it won't matter.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.