Mammoth Cave This weekend

Hellbird

We are planning a short weekend trip to Mammoth Cave this Sat/Sun for the last weekend the boy is home before heading back to College. Haven't been in years, but we had a blast last time. We want to go horseback riding and find some other things to do Sat. Any suggestions on the best horse back riding stables in the area? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated too!!!

If you are doing anything in the park you might want to go online and get tickets ahead of time...last time we went almost every tour was sold out a head of time.

Enjoy!

This. We had planned on going earlier this summer, and thought we were ahead of the game by getting tickets a couple months in advance. We weren't. So, we ended up not being able to go. Hope you have better luck.

Try Funtown Mountain at Cave City. Haven't been yet, but it's a reinvented Guntown Mountain. There are 68 miles of hiking trails ar Mammoth Cave. You can always take a short trip up HWY 259 to meet up with Rockmom. :D

Jesse James riding stables is a good place to go ride.

As far as canoeing, are you bringing your own or planning to rent?

Gf and I went canoeing this summer on the Green River up there. Beautiful scenery and wildlife, really beats canoeing Drakes Creek.

We are renting and will take the 3 hour canoe ride on Green River.

I'm betting it will be 54 degrees inside the caves.

I have been going there since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I remember about 20 years ago the in laws were visiting from CT and we took them there. I told them to bring a jacket and jeans for the cave tour, of course they knew everything and refused because it was July. They whined the entire time on the tour. Idiots