US Bank Arena renovations

I gotta go to work

Short answer, not sure.

Longer answer, I hope it happens, but I think the place and/or the city missed their chances. A better arena may lured an NHL team rather than Columbus years back. A newer/renovated arena may have lured interest from an NBA franchise.

Location is good enough, but I think it needs a permanent tenant besides the Cyclones. UC basketball isn't coming with the 5/3 renovations being announced.

I'm just not sure what this place's niche is in the city anymore. Has to be more than a circus and wrestling venue with winter concerts to warrant the upgrade IMO.

Short answer, not sure.

Longer answer, I hope it happens, but I think the place and/or the city missed their chances. A better arena may lured an NHL team rather than Columbus years back. A newer/renovated arena may have lured interest from an NBA franchise.

Location is good enough, but I think it needs a permanent tenant besides the Cyclones. UC basketball isn't coming with the 5/3 renovations being announced.

I'm just not sure what this place's niche is in the city anymore. Has to be more than a circus and wrestling venue with winter concerts to warrant the upgrade IMO.

Place is a dump. It has been a dump for years. Cosmetic touch ups don't fix electrical and structural issues.

Place is a dump. It has been a dump for years. Cosmetic touch ups don't fix electrical and structural issues.

Not only is it a dump, but the venue is so dated, and unmodern, there isn't much you can do cosmetically to make it better. In addition the size just limits it. It's not big enough to be big time and host bigger entertainment and sporting events (or a pro team) but it's too big for many of the event's that it hosts.