Is This For Real....Really Nice

Bengal Maniac

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for the free food alone but it'd be awesome to sit court side and watch those athletes perform at such a high level, for free.

Right now the average ticket price for the Pacers is $32.50, assuming that's based on 2014-15 season. That's the fourth-cheapest.

To support an NBA team, there needs to be a whole lot of people willing to pay a minimum of $35 for at least 41 nights a year. You paying that, CC? For that matter, what hoops fans out there in NoKy/Greater Cincy are not already supporting X, UC, UK, OSU or somebody else? And can they plunk down $35 at the gate 41 times?

And what would an NBA team do in terms of cannibalizing the sports sponsorship dollar pool in the area? Bet UC and X gets killed by this, if it were ever to come to pass.

I use this same argument for those begging for a Louisville NBA team. Louisville didn't support a pro hoops team when they had it. Neither did Cincy. Why should pro hoops come back now?

Right now the average ticket price for the Pacers is $32.50' date=' assuming that's based on 2014-15 season. That's the fourth-cheapest. To support an NBA team, there needs to be a whole lot of people willing to pay a minimum of $35 for at least 41 nights a year. You paying that, CC? For that matter, what hoops fans out there in NoKy/Greater Cincy are not already supporting X, UC, UK, OSU or somebody else? And can they plunk down $35 at the gate 41 times? And what would an NBA team do in terms of cannibalizing the sports sponsorship dollar pool in the area? Bet UC and X gets killed by this, if it were ever to come to pass. I use this same argument for those begging for a Louisville NBA team. Louisville didn't support a pro hoops team when they had it. Neither did Cincy. Why should pro hoops come back now?[/quote']

I agree with the rationale, I was simply saying that I'd go sit court side for free and I'd sit upper level if the food is free.

I agree with the rationale, I was simply saying that I'd go sit court side for free and I'd sit upper level if the food is free.

Wouldn't we all? But that doesn't pay for a roster of guys making an average of $5 million per.

And my point is most of the Cincinnati area is right there with him. An NBA team in Cincy would be a massive failure and an even more massive insult to Seattle.
He's the only person I know that wouldn't go if offered a free court side ticket and free food...that was literally my only point. :lol:

I think this is s great idea! I haven't read anything on the capacity and boxes and all, but can a renovation be done to possibly secure a major tenant(s)? Or would s new arena be a better way to go? I do feel that the same location would be best, as you have the Banks and all right there, another location may make you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere, such as you would west of PBS.

I think this is s great idea! I haven't read anything on the capacity and boxes and all, but can a renovation be done to possibly secure a major tenant(s)? Or would s new arena be a better way to go? I do feel that the same location would be best, as you have the Banks and all right there, another location may make you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere, such as you would west of PBS.

West of PBS would presently feel like nowhere, but it doesn't have to feel that way if the area was turned around and became an area worth visiting. Development there would breed more development and perhaps ultimately even inch its way towards the Cincy Museum to once and for all tie it all in so even that area too doesn't have to feel like it's so on the outskirts. Presently that whole west side is dull, dated, and dreadful and pregnant for development. Ugly now doesn't necessarily have to mean ugly forever. It just takes vision.

I wouldnt to see an NBA game, no interest, not good basketball until May.

I used to feel the same way...but after getting called out for my assumptions I started watching the NBA again a year or so ago and it's much better product than it used to be. Only difference in December and April is you know exactly what your playing for in April.

I used to feel the same way...but after getting called out for my assumptions I started watching the NBA again a year or so ago and it's much better product than it used to be. Only difference in December and April is you know exactly what your playing for in April.

Same for me JD, but attending NBA regular season games changed my mind. They are awesome!

Does Cincy really have enough events to even 1/4 fill this arena for 200 dates much less get it near capacity? No, they don't. The Cyclones about 35-45 dates. including playoffs. They draw around 3-4000 on normal nights and 6-7000 during playoffs and might sell it out for the final game of the Kelly Cup.

Maybe 30 concerts. Maybe 30 dates for Disney on Ice, type stuff, etc. A tourney or two from the NCAA, unless it is a Men's NCAA regional, they won't sell out.

The two most likely pro franchise the NBA or NHL would draw well some but not consistently enough to warrant the arena or even support a team in a small market. Although revenue sharing in the NBA helps a ton.

I'd love to see this, but I am not sure it is a prudent public investment.