Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2018 G Andrew Taylor gets first offer

Featured Replies

Corbin and Hoop Dreams Guard Andrew Taylor has his first D1 offer from Stetson. I expect this to be the first of MANY.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great player, congrats to Andrew. Saw this young man in 4th grade and knew he would be special.

Good for him. I always enjoy watching him play. He can hoop!!

Congratulations to Andrew. Keep working hard!

  • Author

Last week Andrew was offered by Texas-Arlington.

 

Admitting my bias towards the kid, I'm not sure there is anyone better in the 2018 class right now.

Good to hear that Andrew continues to pick up offers and interest as he will continue to do so no doubt. He is surely in the small group of players at the top of 2018 class. As with fine wine, one's personal best is just that though...their own personal "best" choice. Very seldom do you find a consensus best because people have differing opinions of what constitutes the best skill set to be considered the best overall. Is it shooting, rebounding, passing, defense, etc.....?

 

I point at the experts, the NBA GMs and scouts for teams. It seems like every draft there is the debate going on about "who" to draft with the #1 pick and who is the best. Even when the selection is made the debate continues as all you have to remember is that these experts drafted Sam Bowie before Michael Jordan and thought Greg Oden was better than Kevin Durant.

 

I just know kids should ignore the best title and focus on being in love with the process of improvement. It doesn't hurt for Coaches (especially when they admit their bias) to promote their players as the best, but in the end it doesn't matter who is the best. I just want to see as many KY HS kids reach their dreams about playing on the highest level they can achieve, especially if they can get their college education paid for from the gifts God has blessed them with.

Good Lord...if you do any kind of Twitter or Google search for this kid, make sure it doesn't automatically search for Andy Taylor.

I know of at least 4 '18 kids with D1 offers. How many are there?

I believe at this moment 5 2018 KY kids have offers. Andrew Taylor, Steven Fitzgerald, JJ Reed, Ahmad Price and Anthony Wales.

I believe at this moment 5 2018 KY kids have offers. Andrew Taylor, Steven Fitzgerald, JJ Reed, Ahmad Price and Anthony Wales.

 

Taylor UTSA

Fitzgerald - Tenn Tech

Other 3 - Samford

 

Correct?

Taylor UTSA

Fitzgerald - Tenn Tech

Other 3 - Samford

 

Correct?

 

Andrew Taylor has Stetson as well.

 

Ahmad Price has also been offered by Western Kentucky

Has Oumar Keita never gotten an offer?

 

Not that I'm aware of.

  • Author

Taylor - UTA and Stetson

Fitzgerald - Tennessee Tech

Reed - Samford

Price - WKU and Samford

Wales - Samford

 

I think Tre Hill may also hold an offer from WKU from a year or so ago. Perhaps @GoHardITP can confirm or deny.

  • Author

Also forgot Ramon Mercado of Cordia. I've never seen him play but I think EKU offered this past weekend.

 

Assuming he is an import from another state?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.