Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cable TV Alternatives

Featured Replies

Ok I need info on antennas.

 

Where can you buy them? Are they like they old style rabbit ears?

 

Where do they plug into today's tvs?

 

Thanks.

Ok I need info on antennas.

 

Where can you buy them? Are they like they old style rabbit ears?

 

Where do they plug into today's tvs?

 

Thanks.

 

I use an indoor HD antenna called Mohu. It gets very high reviews and I have no problems. I got mine at Amazon but I believe they sell it at Sam's also. It's thin enough you can put about anywhere.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Mohu-Leaf-Paper-Connectors-Materials/dp/B004QK7HI8/ref=sr_1_2_m?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1437160842&sr=1-2&keywords=hd+antenna+mohu

  • Author
Netflix will be going up soon.

 

Anybody tried Amazon Instant Video as an alternative to Netflix? I bought and installed the Roku stick and am using the Sling free trial. I am cancelling Fioptics tomorrow. Thanks!

Anybody tried Amazon Instant Video as an alternative to Netflix? I bought and installed the Roku stick and am using the Sling free trial. I am cancelling Fioptics tomorrow. Thanks!

 

I have Amazon Prime. Library isn't as deep as Netflix. But they gave started to come out with a decent amount of orginal programming.

  • Author

Just got off the phone with Cincinnati Bell. In order to keep my internet service, I lose the bundling discount which drives the cost for internet service only to within 10% of the cost of bundled service with basic cable. They want about $65/month, which is an improvement, but is still too high.

 

In order to cut the cord completely with Cin Bell, I have to find an alternative ISP. After googling, I cannot identify a provider in NKy other than TWC and Cin Bell. Anybody in NKy using an alternative ISP?

 

Thanks!

Has AT&T started providing Internet service in your area? If you go to their website, there's a place where you can type in your address and see if it's available where you are.

Hate. Hate. Rage.

 

My emotions when dealing with AT&T and Time Warner. Called around trying to figure out options to cut the cable only to realize I have none and Time Warner has me right where they want me.

 

Can't go to AT&T, only snail service to my building at 1.5 Mbps. Time Warner says its $80 per month to drop all my other service and have internet alone and they're not going to give me the top speed internet I get now if I do.

 

I hate them. I hate them all.

 

First against the wall when the revolution comes.

Just got off the phone with Cincinnati Bell. In order to keep my internet service, I lose the bundling discount which drives the cost for internet service only to within 10% of the cost of bundled service with basic cable. They want about $65/month, which is an improvement, but is still too high.

 

In order to cut the cord completely with Cin Bell, I have to find an alternative ISP. After googling, I cannot identify a provider in NKy other than TWC and Cin Bell. Anybody in NKy using an alternative ISP?

 

Thanks!

 

Sadly I think that's it and we wonder why the pricing and service is crappy. They don't even have to do anything well to get customers. You have no options.

First against the wall when the revolution comes.

 

:lol2:

 

But, you can count your blessings the Comcast merger fell through. Comcast is satanic.

 

The founder of Comcast died last month. I saw a headline at a newsstand that read something like "Comcast Founder Was Heart and Soul Of Company." I've never seen a worse insult.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.