July 17, 201511 yr Well, that certainly furthers the divide. So the hell what. Like it is being cured on here. :lol2: :lol2:
July 17, 201511 yr So the hell what. Like it is being cured on here. :lol2: :lol2: You claim to want to help end racism. You can't do it with a closed mind. While it may not be cured on this message board, it can move people to think and exam racism from different perspectives. While you may hold a different perspective than others, it doesn't make their perspective any less valid.
July 17, 201511 yr In general depending on what model a child is raised with often will determine on average what set of goals, or lack there of one will strive for as they enter adulthood. Some perhaps might reach for less, some more, but most on average will use that model subconsciously and consciously as a guided example to at least aim for a similar level of success. If a child see that parents, older siblings or members of their community have graduated from high school, then at least the goal for them is likely to do the same. If they see that parents or siblings had attended and/or graduated from college, then following that model, then it'll be likely that it's understood that they too will also attend college. If they witness one or both of their parents or siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors etc... being at least employed and/or having established careers, it's likely that they too will develop an understanding that this too is expected of them, and even at a young age the mindset of where they're possibly headed starts to develop. When people take action on fulfilling and meeting their established goals, a certain amount of self-pride, self-esteem, and self-confidence develops helping them to build on a foundation for a respectable position within their family and community and the likelihood that they'll continue to pass along this chain of a level of success to their children as well. On the other hand, if a child, and of course no matter the race, is raised within a social welfare situation where they only witness parents etc... living under government assistance, although they might find an inner strength to reach higher, in general this is the model they learn and the small aim is likely to be that they too will enter adulthood with the sense that this is how life is and they will continue the chain within their lives to depend on handouts as a means for survival. If this example of a model is multi-generational where even their grandparents or great grandparents lived under the same situation, then they could often lack any real goals and examples to live otherwise. With the lack of goals and the mindset of "why buy the cow if you get the milk for free", then what also is lacking in development is a sense of pride, self-esteem, and confidence, or to teach their offspring much more than they've been taught about how to conduct their lives, and to exist. With this drastic limited ceiling of any success in life where winning the lottery is one of the few quick remedies to rise above, then often criminal behavior can sadly become an option as a means for earning additional funds to survive through such actions as drug sales, or perhaps even a standard of thievery when an option arises to make an instant gain from grab and sell. That's not to suggest that everyone living under government assistance turns to crime as a way to supplement their income, but within a culture where it exists, it becomes observed at an early age by children in their development years as a learned viable option, and if learned early enough can establish a foundation where there is zero conscience about it being a wrong unacceptable option. With crime comes anger, violence, injury, murders, prison, and a never ending chain of bad examples for future generations to follow. When some grow up with multiple examples of parents, siblings, neighbors experiencing the hardships of paying for their crimes by spending time behind bars, although it sounds like it might and should discourage kids from following suit, sadly however often is the mindset that "I may one day also spend time behind bars". If criminal behavior is the prevailing example set then it's only a matter of time that many too will follow in the footsteps continuing the perpetual chain of no goals of any success and living with the hardships that stand only to keep people from gaining any ground. The Catch-22 now in our culture after generation after generation of many living under examples of social welfare and often the other ills associated with a low income existence, is where to begin to steer people from relying on public breast milk as a means for survival and existence. It's now deeply rooted where it's sadly the only example many see while being raised, and not much else is expected of them by others, or even themselves. I promise that I'm not trying to overlook or be insensitive to the needs of many, and there are no doubt many who absolutely for many various reasons could not begin to survive without assistance, but I would argue that many are deeply stuck in a mindset where the very system that was designed to help them is the very system that also keeps them locked solid in a perpetual existence where their way of life and the examples they set for future generations is to stay down with very little goals to rise above. Edited July 17, 201511 yr by B-Ball-fan
July 17, 201511 yr You claim to want to help end racism. You can't do it with a closed mind. While it may not be cured on this message board, it can move people to think and exam racism from different perspectives. While you may hold a different perspective than others, it doesn't make their perspective any less valid. That was in the past. I could give two craps about racism today. I'm over all that crap. What happens happens. Me and mine will be all right. That's all I care about anymore. The optimism for a happy medium and an end to racism is stupid.
July 17, 201511 yr That was in the past. I could give two craps about racism today. I'm over all that crap. What happens happens. Me and mine will be all right. That's all I care about anymore. The optimism for a happy medium and an end to racism is stupid. I sorta get where you're coming from, and using my gay experience by comparison, I decided long ago that personally I could have very little if any effect on what direction acceptance in this world was going to sway, and in the meantime I still had to do my best to live my life as happily as possible, and to just be selective about my associations, and to avoid those that would constantly present barriers for me to conduct my life without unnecessary frustrations of finding myself too often in the company of those unwilling, or unable to understand me. I would have lost many precious years if my happiness was completely related to society on the whole and where they were on the matter, or by waiting for them to come around to my satisfaction. Thankfully over the years society has in many ways come around, but I don't regret long ago concluding that I wasn't going to lose time holding my breath waiting for it to happen. I'd also love to see racism diminish too, but the best that I can personally do is to just do my best not to contribute to it and to offer every human I come in contact with, no matter the race, with respect with the hopes that in some small way I've done my part to help lesson it, and hopefully it counts for something, but I'll never really know up until the day I die whether or not I'll be lucky enough to be able to say "Wow we've really come a long way". In the meantime I still have to live and at the very least that's about all that I can do. It's still ok to keep hope alive though without it interfering with one's goals for their personal happiness while living in this world. Hope really needs to stay at the root of the equation if change is ever expected to happen. Hope alone won't do it, but still it's an ever necessary foundation factor to build off of.
July 17, 201511 yr That was in the past. I could give two craps about racism today. I'm over all that crap. What happens happens. Me and mine will be all right. That's all I care about anymore. The optimism for a happy medium and an end to racism is stupid. That's how I kind of feel about voting. I don't know why I still show up and vote.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.