Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC`s Running Back`s at C, Combine.

Featured Replies

5`9 145lb Ron Morton, ran a 4.33 forty. 6`1 224lb TB, Clint Greene hit a 4.5 Rubell Roger`s 5`10 170lb came up with a 4.38 , Brandon McCaffery, 5`9 210 lb, FB hit a 4.8 . C. Jone`s 6`4 240 TE/DE was clocked at 4.8 . There were more player`s on GRC`s team that went, but from what I was told these are the player`s that did very will over all.

Clark County had some good looking kids at the combine, I'd say they will be the favorite in their district. IMO.

 

On the 40's, they were very wind aided, sometimes with a 15 mph wind gusts. I don't think very many people were putting much stock in those 40's at the combine. What were their shuttle times, they were indoors and would be more of an indicator.

Great times. Greene has the size and speed but......... will he get the carries this year. He had very limited opportunities last season.

I'd say wind aided, here come those 4.2/4.3 forties we here about in the offseason.

  • Author
Clark County had some good looking kids at the combine, I'd say they will be the favorite in their district. IMO.

 

On the 40's, they were very wind aided, sometimes with a 15 mph wind gusts. I don't think very many people were putting much stock in those 40's at the combine. What were their shuttle times, they were indoors and would be more of an indicator.

When the linemen were running the forty, they had a 5 mph flow but other then that the wind shifted alot more from east to west.You could tell by the smoke from the grill at the gate. As for the shuttle times Clark Co, demonstrated some good times, I will get that 411 for you, as soon as I get a copy of the work sheet.

  • Author
Great times. Greene has the size and speed but......... will he get the carries this year. He had very limited opportunities last season.

RedRage, Let`s hope so.

Clark County had some good looking kids at the combine, I'd say they will be the favorite in their district. IMO.

 

On the 40's, they were very wind aided, sometimes with a 15 mph wind gusts. I don't think very many people were putting much stock in those 40's at the combine. What were their shuttle times, they were indoors and would be more of an indicator.

 

I agree, GRC should be the favorite this year. They bring back the bulk of their starters and should have a shot to take the crown from MC.

That would put one up there with the fastest WR time entering the NFL draft this year. Obviously these aren't dead on times however I will say that it is impressive that they are somewhere in the ballpark of those numbers. Sounds like GRC should have a nice team this year!

GRC souled be very competitive this year. Will have yet another new QB this year..inexperience may show at first but Mason is a real athlete, works hard and should improve with each game...he will be a Junior...did not play football last year. Season looks very bright for the cards.:ylsuper:

Combine time and football time is a whole lot different. Some player's can run a 4.5 in short's and a t-shirt but only run like a 4.7 or 4.8 in full gear. Combine time doesn't hold much water when it comes to getting of the field for a game. Unless they get a strait shot up the field then you'r probley not going to see that 4.5 fourty time.

Combine time and football time is a whole lot different. Some player's can run a 4.5 in short's and a t-shirt but only run like a 4.7 or 4.8 in full gear. Combine time doesn't hold much water when it comes to getting of the field for a game. Unless they get a strait shot up the field then you'r probley not going to see that 4.5 fourty time.

 

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. The guys who run a 4.5 time at a combine are faster on the field than those who run a 4.8 at a combine. Some kids play faster than they can run a 40, but fast is fast no matter how you look at it.

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. The guys who run a 4.5 time at a combine are faster on the field than those who run a 4.8 at a combine. Some kids play faster than they can run a 40, but fast is fast no matter how you look at it.

 

 

What I am trying to say is the player's that go and test at these combines may run a 4.5 in short's and a t-shirt (combine times) and have really good times. But when they suit up in full gear (football time) the pad's slow them down and they do not run the same speed as they did. Though they may still be fast on the field, they do not show the speed they did at these combines. They are slower and those time's do not hold much water on a football field. Also you do not get a strait shot up the field as you do on a track you have to cut and maneuver this also slow's down the speed of the player(football time).

Most Div I teams do not have guys who have this speed. Was this hand timed or electronically time? GRC sorry what is the team. If they have this speed they should be preseason #1.

  • Author
Most Div I teams do not have guys who have this speed. Was this hand timed or electronically time? GRC sorry what is the team. If they have this speed they should be preseason #1.

I dont know about preseason # 1, I do know, GRC, will be playing with alot of skilled athletes that can flat out fly. Thats why expectations are high this year at GRC, you have 11th and 12th graders that are all good athletes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.