Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida State offers an 8th grader

Featured Replies

Heard this today, forgot what school he attends, but Florida State has offered a 5th grader for both basketball and football. Guys on the radio said that this kid is a gifted athlete and that if he doesn't get top college offers shortly, they're maybe too late. They also went on to say that this kid has already played high school ball against varsity players.

  • Author
How big is this kid?

 

6'6 / 6'7 one of the two. I think they said he attends a school down in Florida..

 

Both offers are scholarship offers from what they said.

I don't see anything on Google or Twitter to support this. Is it really true? Link?

  • Author

That's what was said on the radio this afternoon. I'll see what I can find about it. It may have been a middle schooler.

Big difference in 5th and 8th. I remember when Billy Gillispie offered an 8th grader once...and he ended up at Sonoma State.

  • Author
Big difference in 5th and 8th. I remember when Billy Gillispie offered an 8th grader once...and he ended up at Sonoma State.

 

It is but to be offered both football and basketball by a top university like Florida State...It's pretty impressive. Hope Cal jumps on this kid...

There are a ton of kids now that are being offered this early. I could name a freshman right now who had offers from UK and UL in the 8th grade (Jairus Brents is his name).

Doesn't say anything about his age.

I mean, is he a 15yr old 8th grader?

he now has offers from Florida State, Miami, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina and Kentucky.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.