Raceland needs a game Sept 25th.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Doc. W. Portsmouth, if still the same very good program (and I am sure that they are) would strengthen the Raceland Schedule even more. Raceland is used to playing the best / toughest schedule possible. I have been around since leather helmets it seems and I have never known the Rams to shy away from anyone. Larry Heck (7o's coach) did play a lighter schedule than others at Raceland, that was just his way of thinking I guess. That did hurt the Rams in the playoffs. I thought that Raceland had a state championship caliber team in the fall of 1975, played Ludlow in the Regional final and lost 26-7 (I believe). Ludlow came out, punched the Rams in the mouth. Raceland had not played anyone that good before this one and couldn't recover. After the game I remember people (that knew football well) say that Raceland had as much if not more talent than Ludlow but weren't used to playing that tough of competition that season. Anyway, Ludlow cruised through the semi's and title game that season.

That was another one of my stories / opinions that "rambled" on. I told you that I didn't have the ability to remain silent (LOL) and I am too old to change now. :idunno: :D.

I read on a Ohio site Raceland will tangle with West Portsmouth.

That is a much better situation for both teams then the Sheldon Clark game. I am excited about this match up.

I watched West Portsmouth last year get beat by a very, very average Newark Catholic team, 7-0.

West would go to win 7 overall, while dropping 4.

They beat two teams with winning records(Lucasville Valley and Minford)

Last year they averaged 26.18 points a game.

Lowest score was zero points against Newark Catholic(5-5)

Highest score was 42 against Portsmouth(3-7)

They gave up 17.09 a game.

Lowest score was 0 against South Point(2-8)

Highest was 49 against Columbus Hartley (11-3)

They will, if memory serves me correctly have a new QB this season.

I think they graduate 11 players from last seasons team.

I watched West Portsmouth last year get beat by a very, very average Newark Catholic team, 7-0.

West would go to win 7 overall, while dropping 4.

They beat two teams with winning records(Lucasville Valley and Minford)

Last year they averaged 26.18 points a game.

Lowest score was zero points against Newark Catholic(5-5)

Highest score was 42 against Portsmouth(3-7)

They gave up 17.09 a game.

Lowest score was 0 against South Point(2-8)

Highest was 49 against Columbus Hartley (11-3)

They will, if memory serves me correctly have a new QB this season.

I think they graduate 11 players from last seasons team.

Thanks for the info ncf.

I Certainly hate hearing that the West Portsmouth game fell through. Hopefully we (Raceland) can find a game but at this late I doubt it. Not so much West Portsmouth bc that was an attempt late but Sheldon Clark cancelling after an agreement was obviously a done deal does bother me.

A Question for Doc, Ram or anyone that may know ....was there a Signed Contract with SCHS and if wouldn't that school be bound to that contract or pay a substantial fee to Raceland ? This was scheduled as a home game, homecoming night as well so there would be a money loss involved.

I was told the game was never going to happen.Raceland is still in a battle with SC over the contract.It seems that SC wants out this year but not next year.This is pretty high up from the Rams camp.This is just what I have heard.I hope I'm wrong!

As deals go, there is usually a cancellation fee. Fighting someone who does not want to play you is a waste of time. Exercise the cancellation clause and move on. My school has received $5000 for not playing a game in the past.

:thumb: I was basically just questioning. I absolutely agree on if they want to cancel, would rather pay than play then move on. I was just disappointed that this leaves Raceland with only nine games.