Holy Cross 6 CovCath 4

Interesting choice to bring in the FROSH pitcher. He must be throwing well for Krumps to have that much confidence in him in a district game.

While it didn't fare well for him today, his appearance alone tells me he will be a player over the next 3 seasons.

Krumps does have lots of confidence in him...he's done very well...he just missed his spots yesterday...not a good one for him...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be very possible for all three teams to end up 2-1 and the seeds be determined by a tiebreaker. Beechwood and Holy Cross control their own destinies at this point. I don't mean to disparage Holmes but they are really young and don't have the pitching and defense needed to beat the other three in a district game. Beechwood has to get two tough wins and HC only one more tough win to claim the district. It will be interesting. All three teams are pretty even IMO.

Thats correct, If BW beats HC, but looses to Cov Cath there would be a tie for 1-3. Very interesting...:banana:

Thats correct, If BW beats HC, but looses to Cov Cath there would be a tie for 1-3. Very interesting...:banana:

I wonder what the tiebreaker is. I know what is for football but that would not seem to apply in this situation.

In football they do oppnents records correct?

Sort of. They each get to pick 4 opponents and add up their victories. I would be surprised if that's how it is for baseball.

I'll trying to find out what it is.

HC has its best pitching staff since 03 this year. I heard Jimmy Ryan's velocity is way up this year, and his pick off move is the best in the area.

With that said HC beating Beechwood is an uphill battle. But would be nice.

Sort of. They each get to pick 4 opponents and add up their victories. I would be surprised if that's how it is for baseball.

I'll trying to find out what it is.

Please let us know when you do...I am very interested. I called a couple people and they didnt know either.

Please let us know when you do...I am very interested. I called a couple people and they didnt know either.

In reading the KHSAA website, in a 4-team district its really up to the district to determine how to break a 3-way tie. Unlike football, there is no state-mandated tie-breaker system.

I'll try to find out what the 35th does.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would says runs scored in the district, or maybe fewest runs given up. :confused:

Most runs scored seems like the logical choice. Fewest runs could also be it, but I would more see it as the 2nd tiebreaker. Most runs, if still tied - least given up.

Most runs scored seems like the logical choice. Fewest runs could also be it, but I would more see it as the 2nd tiebreaker. Most runs, if still tied - least given up.

Well lets hope BW can beat them both....then we wouldnt have to worry about then huh!! :D :banana: :banana:

If I'm CCH, I don't agree to any 'runs' contest.

Beechwood has too many teams on their schedule that simply cannot come close to competing with them, thus, their run count would be inflated.

BTW, that's not a "shot" at BW. Its simply reality.