Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Hires First Woman Referee

Featured Replies

I agree. I feel it could be very dangerous. I understand there are tiny male referees, but I'd bet she is one of the lightest referees out there.

 

Didnt know referees had to make weight classes.

I'm not missing your point, I just don't find it valid.

 

I'm not surprised that you wouldn't.

She is not coming in as a "white hat" she is an official, I would guess she would be one of the wing positions and she will be fine. Also ever looked at the age of some wing officials and those in the middle....old

Didnt know referees had to make weight classes.

 

They do not, I just think in general women weigh less then men (and from the 1 picture I saw this woman looks thin!). I have no problem with a female referee, I just think the impact of Vince Wilfork running over a 6'2" 200 lb man may be less harmful to the ref compared to a 5'3" 150 lb woman.

 

I also think if anyone runs over Ed Hochuli the player might get hurt. :D

Am I the only one when heard about her, I didn't think anything about it?

 

She can't be as bad as a lot of them and if she is, it's par for the course with NFL officials so she should fit right in.

To me it never mattered if there were female officials or not.

I'm sure she will be as bad as all her male counterparts and will make calls that we all disagree with. So should make absolutely no difference that she is a female.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.