Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke vs Michigan State Predictions

Who wins? 18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to think about it

I think Duke wins it, but this Michigan State team is eerily reminiscent of last year's UConn team. Hope I'm wrong on that, as I'd love to see a Duke/UK final.

  • Author

As stated in another thread I'm extremely worried about this game. Couple good notes for us 2 Dukes here is that Coach K owns Izzo. Coach K is 8-1 vs Izzo so that is somewhat reassuring. Next good thing is that Duke is somehow figuring out how to play defense which I never thought was possible. They have been solid in the tournament and I think it might have something to do with Justise League Winslow turning it on. The move of him to the 4 has just been a match up nightmare for teams. I honestly feel he is more important to this team right now than Okafor is. That could just because teams throw everything they have at Okafor and it eases the pressure off everyone else. Regardless, GO DUKE.

 

 

Duke 68

MSU 61

  • Author
I'll have to think about it

 

:no:

  • Author

Goodness what if we get a Wisconsin MSU national championship?

Goodness what if we get a Wisconsin MSU national championship?

 

I'd be okay with that. :lol2:

  • Author
I'd be okay with that. :lol2:

 

I'm more of the opinion of Duke Winsconsin but I see your point :lol2:

  • Author

I do love Izzo :lol2: Outside of Coach K he is the coach I respect the most in College Basketball.

 

LINK

 

There was a delicate touch on the question to Tom Izzo about his history against Mike Krzyzewski — he was asked, on a teleconference today featuring the Final Four head coaches, about the fact that Krzyzewski "sort of has a head-to-head advantage on you."

 

"Kind of got the head-to-head advantage!" Izzo responded, laughing. "Somebody said, 'You guys have a good rivalry.' I said, 'You can't have a rivalry when it's 8-1.' "

Goodness what if we get a Wisconsin MSU national championship?

 

CBS is praying hard that doesn't happen. The national ratings for that tilt would be dreadful.

  • Author
CBS is praying hard that doesn't happen. The national ratings for that tilt would be dreadful.

 

That is the ONLY matchup they don't want. Any other way and they are celebrating.

I do love Izzo :lol2: Outside of Coach K he is the coach I respect the most in College Basketball.

 

LINK

 

There was a delicate touch on the question to Tom Izzo about his history against Mike Krzyzewski — he was asked, on a teleconference today featuring the Final Four head coaches, about the fact that Krzyzewski "sort of has a head-to-head advantage on you."

 

"Kind of got the head-to-head advantage!" Izzo responded, laughing. "Somebody said, 'You guys have a good rivalry.' I said, 'You can't have a rivalry when it's 8-1.' "

 

We"ve had quite a few discussions about that in the high school football threads.

  • Author

Found this great quote

 

"Never bet against Izzo in March. Fortunately, though, this game is in April."

  • Author

Coach K vs Izzo

 

Dec. 2, 1998 (Neutral): Duke 73-67

 

March 27, 1999 (Neutral): Duke 68-62

 

Dec. 3, 2003 (at MSU): Duke 72-50

 

Nov. 30, 2004 (at Duke): Duke 81-74

 

March 25, 2005 (Neutral): MSU 78-68

 

Dec. 1, 2010 (at Duke): Duke 84-79

 

Nov. 15, 2011 (Neutral): Duke 74-69

 

Mar. 29,2013 (Neutral): Duke 71-61

 

Nov.18 2014 (Neutral): Duke 81-71

 

 

There, I've done enough work for the day :lol2:

As stated in another thread I'm extremely worried about this game. Couple good notes for us 2 Dukes here is that Coach K owns Izzo. Coach K is 8-1 vs Izzo so that is somewhat reassuring. Next good thing is that Duke is somehow figuring out how to play defense which I never thought was possible. They have been solid in the tournament and I think it might have something to do with Justise League Winslow turning it on. The move of him to the 4 has just been a match up nightmare for teams. I honestly feel he is more important to this team right now than Okafor is. That could just because teams throw everything they have at Okafor and it eases the pressure off everyone else. Regardless, GO DUKE.

 

 

Duke 68

MSU 61

 

There's at least 3 of you. Where in the world has @RockPride been?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.