Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone Co 21 Scott 10

Featured Replies

Boone and Scott slugged it out last night. Boone had 14 runs in the first off of 8 hits and 6 walks. Scott had a big 4th inning to avoid the run rule after 5 and force 7 innings. Scott continued to hit the ball and score, but Boone's 1st was to much to over come. Soph-Mark Reed had his first varisty HR.

 

Scott's new lights add a nice touch to high school play in NKY. It's a shame that more schools do not have lights.

Soph-Mark Reed had his first varisty HR.

 

It was a no doubter down the right field line.

 

Couldn't happen to a nicer young man. Great hit Mark!!! Mark also played a solid shortstop the whole game. :thumb: :thumb:

 

I would also like to send out kodo's to Scott's catcher. He is a workhorse, and after the team giving up 14 runs before the second out of the game was recorded, he continued to hustle, blocking every pitch in the dirt :irked: , keeping runners from getting too big of a lead. No doubt he picked up a few bruises last night. This kid will be playing somewhere at the next level. :thumb: :thumb: I wish him good luck. Between him and Boone's Cory Farris, it was like watching a catchers clinic behind the plate.

 

I would also like to send out kodo's to Scott's catcher. He is a workhorse, and after the team giving up 14 runs before the second out of the game was recorded, he continued to hustle, blocking every pitch in the dirt :irked: , keeping runners from getting too big of a lead. No doubt he picked up a few bruises last night. This kid will be playing somewhere at the next level. :thumb: :thumb: I wish him good luck. Between him and Boone's Cory Farris, it was like watching a catchers clinic behind the plate.

IMO Brann is the top catcher in NKY (Scott's catcher)^^^ very well said bgpreppy. :thumb:

How did Boone score so many runs? I saw them against Harrison County and Harrison committed 6 errors and still only gave up 6 runs. Wow, I thought from what I have read that Scott was much better than that.

21-10? How many yards did Farris rush for?

21-10? How many yards did Farris rush for?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Farris also contributed with a 2-run-homer last night.

 

Scott will bounce back I'm sure. Every team has one of those games. Scott plays Ryle tomorrow at home so maybe they can bounce back with a big win over the Raiders.

How did Boone score so many runs? I saw them against Harrison County and Harrison committed 6 errors and still only gave up 6 runs. Wow, I thought from what I have read that Scott was much better than that.

 

There were three or four "seeing-eye singles" but most were solid base hits. The initial pitcher was throwing well, but Boone hit like they were the NY Yankees. Farris has several hits including a bomb in the last inning off the last and final reliever the Scott put on the mound.

 

I also agree that Scott will bounce back. No more than three days ago I made the comment that Cov Cath, Beechwood and Ryle were the top teams, but in comes Boone that has just really impressed me. It is going to be a very interesting post season.

Nice win for Boone...dont let this game fool you about Scott though...they are a solid team. Also the kid who started for Scott has been known to be wild and give up a large amount of runs (

Nice win for Boone...dont let this game fool you about Scott though...they are a solid team. Also the kid who started for Scott has been known to be wild and give up a large amount of runs (

 

Don't just throw the starting pitcher "under the bus". The reliever wasn't any more effective, nor was the "closer" who gave up several runs in one inning of work (including Farris's bomb over the center field fence). Also, don't take anything away from Boone's offense. It was running on all cylinders.

 

Like I said before, Scott will bounce back. Everyone has an off night.

Don't just throw the starting pitcher "under the bus". The reliever wasn't any more effective, nor was the "closer" who gave up several runs in one inning of work (including Farris's bomb over the center field fence). Also, don't take anything away from Boone's offense. It was running on all cylinders.

 

Like I said before, Scott will bounce back. Everyone has an off night.

 

I wasnt trying to put any blame on just the starting pitcher or any pitcher at all...i was simply stating what a scott player told me about the game...i know Boone has a very high powered offense, trust me I've seen them personally and came away impressed.

 

But as you stated also every team has an off night and Scott will bounce back. Good luck to both teams :thumb:

Scott is indeed a very talented team who should go far this year. They can for sure beat any team in Northern Kentucky on any given day. Dont get me wrong the same can be said for any high school baseball team... But some just have that persona about them that a lot of teams tend to in some ways fear... Scott has this persona this year! With Bess (sp?), and Brann is indeed a workhorse behind the plate. They will indeed bounce back, and chances are a loss like that will wake them up and bring them back playing better baseball then before.

IMO Brann is the top catcher in NKY (Scott's catcher)^^^ very well said bgpreppy. :thumb:

Isn't Scott in the Tenth Region now for baseball too? I know you said NKY, but many people "NKY" to just be the ninth region. I wasn't "Bill" mocking you for saying that, I was just wondering if Scott was in the 10th Region for baseball, like they are for basketball.

Isn't Scott in the Tenth Region now for baseball too? I know you said NKY, but many people "NKY" to just be the ninth region. I wasn't "Bill" mocking you for saying that, I was just wondering if Scott was in the 10th Region for baseball, like they are for basketball.

 

Yes this year Scott is in the 10th region for baseball as well. But i believe they are in the NKY Conference play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.