Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16 All Tournament Team

Featured Replies

Does anyone know who made all tournament team at Sweet 16

If no one posts it before I get home I'll post it then.

This is all from memory but I think this is accurate. If I am wrong please correct me.

 

 

Parker Adams-Calloway County

Jalen Perry-Ballard

Jaqualis Matlock-Hopkinsville

Terrell Gray-Doss

Cole Vonhandorf-Covington Catholic

Bo Schuh-Covington Catholic

Jeremiah Bell-Boyle County

Hagen Tyler-Boyle County

Terry Taylor-Bowling Green

Tucker Sine-Bowling Green

Kyran Jones-Bowling Green

Aric Holman-Owensboro

Jacoby Harris-Owensboro

Justin Miller-Owensboro-Tournament MVP

Do they have to make it past a certain round? Justice 39 points?

Do they have to make it past a certain round? Justice 39 points?

 

My knee-jerk reaction is to say he deserves to be on, but I don't know who I'd remove from the list either. All of those kids are deserving.

 

He was unstoppable in that game & if he doesn't foul out, KCC moves on IMO.

Do they have to make it past a certain round? Justice 39 points?

 

I believe you have to make the quarterfinals to be considered. When Hoptown lost to Owensboro in the quarterfinals Jaqualis Matlock is the first person I heard them say made the All Tournament team immediately after the game. I don't recall them doing that in any of the first round games.

 

If there is a full list somewhere that will answer the question. If first round games are included I'm sure he's on the team.

Each quarterfinal team that loses gets 1, semifinal losers get 2, and the finalists get 3

The practice of naming only those who make the quarters at least is a longstanding and quite frankly ridiculous tradition. It basically dictates that the draw determines who makes it. You could have the two favorites draw first round and whoever loses, no one on the team.

The practice of naming only those who make the quarters at least is a longstanding and quite frankly ridiculous tradition. It basically dictates that the draw determines who makes it. You could have the two favorites draw first round and whoever loses, no one on the team.

 

Agree and like this year Justice deserved to be on there.

The practice of naming only those who make the quarters at least is a longstanding and quite frankly ridiculous tradition. It basically dictates that the draw determines who makes it. You could have the two favorites draw first round and whoever loses, no one on the team.

 

When I first started going they would announce the entire All-Tournament Team after the Championship game, with no limit on players per team per round. A little while back to switched to where they would announce the representatives from teams after they lose. It was a terrible change.

 

Also, the pictures of about 10 out of the 14 guys are terrible because they've just lost the final game of their season (there are usually one or two guys from the losing teams that are able to appreciate that moment, but it's not most of them).

I wasn't there for the Cov Cath loss but would have taken Flood before Schuh based on the first two games. Flood done a little bit of everything first two games and Schuh was a non-factor in the Campbell County win.

The older one gets, the more memories one has. Through 1991 (at least) the floor was completely ringed with broadcast and print media tables...from all over the state. And those were the folks who voted on the all-tournament team. Had to turn in your ballot at halftime of the championship game; winners were all announced (& pictures taken) during the trophy presentations.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.