Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tryouts @ Georgetown

Featured Replies

I saw the try outs in Georgetown this year. Talent for the boys was definitely down, but it was a well run session. It looked like they had coaches from around the state running the stations and grading players on the court. Saw a number of small college coaches there and their staff. The girls sessions were nothing short of a battle. Very competitive. Boys had great coaches, just a little short on talent, it seems.

Who will make the team? How did Slaughter, Mack, Crutcher, Dunaway look?

I was there on Saturday and Have to believe Slaughter, Mack and Crutcher will have no problem making the team. The Fothergill kid I believe from Southwestern was hitting the 3's in the games I watched and everyone is going to say I'm biased on this one but I thought Penick was able to acquit himself quite well and the Ky team definitely needs some height so who they select should be very interesting.

 

As for the Owens kid he certainly is as talented as anyone there but if I'm the coach I'm not sure I want to put up with him. Kids a headcase to say the least.

I was there on Saturday and Have to believe Slaughter, Mack and Crutcher will have no problem making the team. The Fothergill kid I believe from Southwestern was hitting the 3's in the games I watched and everyone is going to say I'm biased on this one but I thought Penick was able to acquit himself quite well and the Ky team definitely needs some height so who they select should be very interesting.

 

As for the Owens kid he certainly is as talented as anyone there but if I'm the coach I'm not sure I want to put up with him. Kids a headcase to say the least.

 

 

How did Vories look? I am curious to see if he has a shot at all.

How did Vories look? I am curious to see if he has a shot at all.

Honestly I don't think so. In these type of situations you need to make an impression quick and at times be little selfish. He is a nice player but honestly not on the level of say a Mack, Slaughter or Owens who all play pretty much the same position.

Anyone know who made the team?

Anyone know who made the team?

Supposed to be announced Wednesday. I tried to get one of the attendees to 'fess up, but no dice.

Supposed to be announced Wednesday. I tried to get one of the attendees to 'fess up, but no dice.

Why Wednesday? Last year they announced the team directly after the tryout.

Why Wednesday? Last year they announced the team directly after the tryout.

Wish I knew. I thought it sounded kind of odd when he told me they wouldn't be announcing until then.

I think they're making the announcement in Bowling Green as a way to promote the games that are being played there.

How did Miller from Mboro do?

 

He didn't show up for the tryouts.

He didn't show up for the tryouts.

Why???? I would think he stood a pretty good chance of making it.

  • Author
Why Wednesday? Last year they announced the team directly after the tryout.

Gave those selecting the team more time to give attention to everyone instead of trying to select a team in 45 minutes with the press and the kids waiting. Also awkward for the players, they thought it might be better for them to hear their fate with their families. Coaches prefer it. I felt that Dunaway and Miller would both have made it, if they showed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.