NFL Veteran's Combine

The NFL will conduct its inaugural NFL Veteran Combine on March 22 at the Arizona Cardinals Practice Facility in Tempe, Arizona. Players will be tested and evaluated by experienced NFL scouting personnel. Measurements, combine results, and videos of the workouts will be compiled and shared electronically with all 32 NFL clubs.

But this would give Tebow another oppurtunity to show cse his skills, mainly his passing ability.

Again, plenty of game tape if you want to see How he throws. That's much more telling than throwing in a controlled, non game environment like a combine.

I think it's reserved for guys with an actual shot at making a team.

I'm not sure if this was meant as a shot at those guys or not, but I think the comment is incorrect.

The idea is to showcase your talent to get a shot, but there are guys on this list (Mike Golic Jr. comes to mind) that have never played in the league and weren't drafted by teams- why would I think they are likely to get a shot? By your logic, if they were going to get a shot then they would be signed already so why even have this event?

There's plenty of game tape on those guys. Everyone has a pretty good idea of what Young and Tebow can do on Sunday's.

There is plenty of tape in Adam Carriker and Felix Jones- I have a pretty good idea of what they can do on Sundays. By this logic, why have any guys that have played in the league before invited to this event?

storylines

This is one of the reasons that I invite Tim Tebow, Vince Young or any name veteran interested in a return to the league. This event becomes infinitely more interesting with those players participating, including Sam.

There is plenty of tape in Adam Carriker and Felix Jones- I have a pretty good idea of what they can do on Sundays. By this logic, why have any guys that have played in the league before invited to this event?

95% of the guys on this list are largely unknown and have done little if anything in the league beyond preseason games. The two guys you mention are the only two I really recognized as having any track record in the league. Look, I have no issues as to who gets invited to this or not, and I doubt you'll see any all Pro's come out of this combine. My not point is that I just don't see what Tebow or Young could possibly do in this combine to change the perception in the league about them. Young has failed in several NFL stops. Me could argue for Tebow to maybe get another chance, especially if he was willing to switch positions. Regardless of who gets invited, I dnt think there's much they could do to make this must see TV.