Couple try to adopt, they are denied because....

All Tell

The issue is, citizens are being asked, or forced, to give up rights that have been granted them by the United States. It's not a right if you have to give it up for something as basic as being a parent, or caring for a child in need. Do you have to give up your right to vote to adopt? Do you have to give up you right of free speech to adopt? This is nothing more then a liberal attempt to control the citizen's right to own and carry firearms.

So if everything is equal and they choose to put then in the house without guns what is your gripe?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not being asked to give up their rights, they just can't adopt from them. you are reading way too much into this IMO

They are being asked to give up a right: they have legal CCDW and are legally allowed to own, posses and carry a loaded firearm. They are being told they have to give that right up to adopt a child.

The issue is, citizens are being asked, or forced, to give up rights that have been granted them by the United States. It's not a right if you have to give it up for something as basic as being a parent, or caring for a child in need. Do you have to give up your right to vote to adopt? Do you have to give up you right of free speech to adopt? This is nothing more then a liberal attempt to control the citizen's right to own and carry firearms.

Your own words, and I can quote them to you if you want, said that a less deserving couple would have been given custody. How do you know they were less deserving. It said nothing about that in the article. But maybe you depend on Fox News to tell the truth

So if everything is equal and they choose to put then in the house without guns what is your gripe?

Come on, you're smarter then that. So, it' OK to let couples that don't have guns to adopt kids, over an equally qualified couple that does have guns? So, is it OK to let straight couples adopt kids over equally qualified homosexual couple? Is it OK to let a same race couple to adopt kids over an equally qualified mixed race couple?

Is discrimination.

They are being asked to give up a right: they have legal CCDW and are legally allowed to own, posses and carry a loaded firearm. They are being told they have to give that right up to adopt a child.

Please quote me the law that gives ANYONE the right to adopt a child.

Your own words, and I can quote them to you if you want, said that a less deserving couple would have been given custody. How do you know they were less deserving. It said nothing about that in the article. But maybe you depend on Fox News to tell the truth

The agencies rank applications based on who they determine to best qualified. So, if this couple is at the top, the number two on the list is less qualified, in the eyes of the agency, the number three couple is even less qualified. Yes, this is an over simplified, but it may need to be.

Come on, you're smarter then that. So, it' OK to let couples that don't have guns to adopt kids, over an equally qualified couple that does have guns? So, is it OK to let straight couples adopt kids over equally qualified homosexual couple? Is it OK to let a same race couple to adopt kids over an equally qualified mixed race couple?

Is discrimination.

You are backing up, sir. You said that the gun owners were bring passed over for less qualified patents. Now you are talking about equal circumstances? Which is it? Or did it change time support your argument? We can already tell.

You are backing up, sir. You said that the gun owners were bring passed over for less qualified patents. Now you are talking about equal circumstances? Which is it? Or did it change time support your argument? We can already tell.

Not backing up at all, keep trying.

Not backing up at all, keep trying.

Read your posts. You originally said that the gun owners were passed over for less qualified parents. Then later you compared equally qualified patents. Should I quote you or do you want to admit you changed stuff as your argument didn't fly? I can make you look really dumb.

I was adopted as well. Still use my adopted name. I just don't depend on Fox News to see how offended I should be.

Is it rights or Fox News seems like the argument is changing.