March 6, 201511 yr ..... Really common, actually. Several times A10 schools would "rent" Philly school bands when they didn't want to pay to ship them there. Some would rent a local high school band. Expensive to bus, board, and feed about 40 kids and their coach and administrator. Party pooper aka thread killer. :ohbrother:
March 6, 201511 yr Yes, especially with WBB, but occasionally with MBB as I referenced with the A10 when the Tourney was in Atlantic City for years. Schools just can't afford to bus their band a long way, especially when a bad team is likely to only be playing 1 game. SLU used a big Philly high school a couple of times, UMASS used La Salle, things like that. In WBB it is often the norm, but done under the guise of "well...they'll be leaving with the men next week...so...we'll just get a local band". Truth: they don't way to pay to bus them 1,000 miles with meals and lodging to play in front of one game and about 300 people. I realized teams have used high school bands before, I just didn't realize teams have used other teams bands from the same conference.
March 6, 201511 yr If it was Ram I would be all over it, but you're too nice Goldie. :sssh::lol2: :lol2: I just noticed my mistake.....:lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.